1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

PHOTOSHOP CC 2017

Discussion in 'Photoshop & Editing Chat Forum' started by steven coleman, Jan 2, 2017.

1. steven coleman

steven coleman New Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hi people. Hope somebody can help me with this. Every time I load photoshop cc 2017 on my computer it loads and immediately I get this message...... a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the problem and notify you if a solution is available..... Its a brand new Asus computer and all the drivers are up to date. Thank you in advance....Steve

2. Roger S

IOTM

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hiya Steven and WELCOME to the forum.

There could be many reasons for that, but the first that comes to mind is the capacity of your video card. I'm probably wrong there, so there will be others more computer smart than I, come along soon.

3. steven coleman

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    thanks it has intel(R) HD graphics 520 and NVIDIA Geforce GTX 950M ... I think they are the video cards.. not computer savy myself to be honest. its a 1000 pound computer so it should have the correct stuff in it I would hope

4. Roger S

IOTM

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Well, the Geforce 950M has 2 gig of on board memory, so that shouldn't pose a problem.

5. hooferinsane

IOTM

hooferinsane EXIF Seeker Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I would try updating video card drivers

6. gpick24

gpick24 Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I wouldn`t have thought that having two different graphics cards is a good idea, the Intel 520 sounds like it might be onboard graphics, I`d try disabling that one.

Edit: is it a laptop? After a bit of googling it seems some now have two graphics cards, one high spec and one low power consumption, I'd still disable the crappy one.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  7. steven coleman

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    ok thanks will look into that and yes its an asus laptop

8. Lady Tee

Lady Tee Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    What about firewalls and virus controls etc...sometimes they need to be adjusted to accept the program is safe to run...try disabling and see?

9. den9112

den9112 Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Hi Steven,i take it you are running win 10,if so then i would say it was a Graphics card issue,i had the same problem until i decided to upgrade to win 10

10. Snips

IOTM

Snips Old Hand Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    It might be worth sending an email to Adobe - I used to have no end of problems like this and it was always an out of date graphics driver, which always took ages to sort out and cure.