1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Photoshop help

Discussion in 'Photoshop & Editing Chat Forum' started by arteta, Sep 26, 2016.

1. arteta

arteta Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Im doing a baby shoot on friday using the moon prop below, only this time what I would like to do is have the moon slightly above the sea showing the rippled reflections of the moon in the water. There's plenty of moon above water with reflection images floating round on tinternet but more than likely low res and the reflections of the real moon. Any ideas anyone how I can get around doing this?
    Oh and btw, Ive certainly no plans on making a trip to the sea before anyone mentions it. Too lazy :grin:

_MG_8079-1-2-SMALL.jpg

2. tenchy

tenchy Rain maker Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    flood plugin?

arteta likes this.
  3. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    From what I have seen so far, that should do the job.

arteta likes this.
  4. Tenorplayer

Tenorplayer Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I have the flood pluggin . Works very well

arteta likes this.
  5. Tenorplayer

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Here is a VERY quick demo... The variations in reflections and wave type/complexity is almost limitless , so this is just one version
    babymoon.jpg

Snips and arteta like this.
  6. Tenorplayer

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    If you want the moon higher in the sky, you need to add extra black at the bottom. I recommend doubling the height of the canvas first and matching the colour to the sky before opening the pluggin, in this case jet black then you can alter the imaginary horizon to suit in flood

arteta likes this.
  7. oldgeezer

oldgeezer Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    A very old version for sped here but look on youtube for Sea reflection effect in photoshop or something like that.

_MG_8079-1-2-SMALL.jpg

Snips and arteta like this.
  8. arteta

arteta Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Yes that's it @tenchy @Roger S @Tenorplayer I have seen it before and it looked identical to yours tenorplayer so I'll have to get the free trial. Not sure how much it is to buy after that

@oldgeezer That's brilliant too. Both are. Curious but where did you get the sea shot from?

Thanks fellas. Really made up with that

9. oldgeezer

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I created it in Photoshop.

arteta likes this.
  10. Tenorplayer

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Can't remember but I think there is some sort of restriction in the free version, whether it's can't save or watermark, I think there's a reason why free won't work for you. If this is the case and If it's only a couple of pics, I'll gladly do a couple of versions of each for you if you need it. Pm if so

11. oldgeezer

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    This looks quite effective. There are many ways to do this stuff.