1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Photoshop on MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'PhotoShop & Editing Tips, Tricks and Tutorials For' started by gianafernandez, Mar 29, 2018.

1. gianafernandez

gianafernandez New Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I am photographer. I am using Adobe Photoshop during my entire carrier. But something happened with my important .psd image, I tried to open it and app viewed me Is not a valid Photoshop document. I applied for help in Adobe, but it is almost 2 days as I asked them, and there is no answer.

2. SeanNeedham

SeanNeedham Ol' Sparky Honorary Life Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Is it on the internal drive or on an external?

3. MikeB

MikeB Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    PSD files have complicated structures given they may contain layers and lots of metadata (such as masks). I've seen several commercial programs that say they can fix broken PSD files but it is unlikely that even they will be able to fully restore all of the information. Your best bet may to go back to the raw file and start over while what you did is still fresh in your mind.

4. gianafernandez

gianafernandez New Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I don't have enough experience in searching for solutions or articles on the Internet. But I had to use some search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing and what I dug up there... (LINK REMOVED by MODERATOR please see forum rules for posting links)- as I found out from contacts of this resource, group of programmers created it, but I'm afraid of doing it immediately, because it is new thing for me. What opinion do you have about this masterpiece? Can I use it for my case? If someone applied it, share your thoughts how it works and how much it might be effective.

Unfortunately, I didn't find any resolutions from Adobe - I can't realize why such huge corporation doesn't care about safety of data of their customers like me, like you. This question for me now doesn't have an answer. If someone owns this information, inform me, please.

I wasted several valuable hours of my spare time and I've no idea who or what could return me these very hours. Pats, I hope this time or next time you'll be more sympathetic to problems of strangers on your community.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2018
  5. DonS

DonS Stuck in Toronto Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Did you have anyone else on a different install of Photoshop try to open it?