1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Plaid

Discussion in 'Portrait Images Forum' started by Pitter, May 6, 2018.

1. Pitter

Pitter Always on

Edit my images ?:
    No
    My usual subject in plaid and natural light.

[​IMG]

2. Mike Singh

Mike Singh Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Nice curves! If she stood away from the wall some more you would eliminate the shadow.
    Mike

3. Pitter

Pitter Always on

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Very true. Thanks.

4. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    She can pull off the well dressed look just as easily as the casual.

5. Haripaul

Haripaul Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Lovely casual shot but the clenched hand under chin doesn't look right, if she had just relaxed her hand a little it would of looked better.

6. chris rose

chris rose New Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Is there a bit of 'photo comping' to her 'rear'

7. Pitter

Pitter Always on

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Rear is natural i.e. at least the photo is. The back part of the dress does;t match with the front. I doubt she paid very much for it.

8. Isac

Isac Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Please don't shoot me! but I think the lady needs to be more upright - she looks like she is leaning back too far. Also the shadows as mentioned above could be fixed by moving her away from the wall or do it in PP. The dress at the back looks cloned so I would remove that and reshape it to the line of the dress that looks ok. The colour on her dress (below her arm) looks the same as her arm, this is a result of cloning. I did an edit but I notice you don't want edits to your images and I respect that choice. However, if you want to see, then let me know and I will post it up.

9. Pitter

Pitter Always on

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Isaac thanks very much for your critiqued thank you for respecting my preference of not manipulating my images. There were some tiles on the wall that came up to a few inches below the hem of her dress that I did clone out but I did no cloning on her whatsoever. The cloth on the back of her dress is mis matched with the front which may give the impression it was cloned. I don't know why the color of her dress looks the same as her arm but as I say no cloning on her at all. Regarding her stance it is perfectly natural but I could try tilting her forward in post processing I suppose if it would look better.

10. tenchy

tenchy Rain maker Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I think her pose looks way more natural with the image rotated clockwise about 6 to 6.5°.

11. Pitter

Pitter Always on

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Ok noted. In future when she takes a similar pose I will be sure to "correct" it in post processing.

12. Isac

Isac Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    No problem Pitter, all good :)