1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules
  1. LYNN GRIFFITHS

LYNN GRIFFITHS Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    DSC01140 (2).JPG DSC01142.JPG hi
    well i have been outside this morning, ( before the rain came )!!!!!!! i set the camera to A. i hope you will understand what i have done, the first pic was F 7.9 and shutter was 3.0 i think i got that right. i did zoom in too.
    well i do not know what i am doing wrng, but when i click upload a file, i click on the pic to select, but its saying too large, i am getting frustrated, maybe all this is beyond me, i might just stick to just clicking holiday pics.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  2. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Did you forget something when you downsized the pic? It's supposed to be 1024 pixels max, and under 250kb.

3. JAH-WAR

JAH-WAR Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    I can't see any pics??

4. rebel06

rebel06 Without a cause Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    What program are you using to resize your photos?
    Paul

5. LYNN GRIFFITHS

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    on my laptop, when i go to my pics i click the pic i want then right click and on the box that comes out i click where it says edit photos.

6. Roger S

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Oh my, you really need something else to work with. Paint is way too basic. Start with Pic Resize On-line.

LYNN GRIFFITHS likes this.
  7. rebel06

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    and then what do you do?

8. LYNN GRIFFITHS

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    hi. yes i will try that. thanks.

i crop it to make smaller then safe, and then select it, then when it has uploaded i click full image. if you can make sense of that. LOL

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2018
  9. rebel06

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Ok, you need to reduce the image size but not by cropping but by changing its pixel size so its no more than 1024 pixels on it's longest side, and save it under 250kb memory size.
    Paul

10. LYNN GRIFFITHS

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    thanks for that paul, told you i have a lot to learn!!!!!! can you tell me whats wrong with the pics on this page?,

11. rebel06

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    The first has no real point of interest, unless there is something I'm not seeing. and the second needs a scene tidy-up before you take the photo, remove distracting things in the frame .... and I think just a close up of the figures would have been more interesting.... but keep trying it will come, try and find something that you think looks interesting and would make a good photo and not just go outside and snap away.
    Paul

12. LYNN GRIFFITHS

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    i know the surroundings arnt brilliant, but i was messing with the settings and i wanted to see if i could get the focus a bit better, the iso was 400 the shot was 1/25sec f/7.8 33mm. if you can make sense ofall that.!!

13. Roger S

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    ha ha. I wondered when we would get around to that part. :D

As Paul said, the first has no real interest point. If it were just the leaves, without the spent bloom stems, then it could be made to be an artistic shot.

The second could have been shot including the base of the jar, whatever, and concentrating on the figures inside without the background mess.

You have a good eye for things that are interesting, now it's all about working out how best to capture what you see.

14. rebel06

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    A 1/25sec is probably too slow a shutter speed if you are hand holding the camera, so you would have been better choosing a larger aperture of possibly f4 then the camera would have selected a shutter speed of around 1/100sec, this will eliminate any camera shake that will make your images blurry ... your iso of 400 was ok.

Paul