• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Plastic Panorama

Deon Reynolds

Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
No
062212#1(Roping).jpg
"Roping" Greensprings Ranch, Nevada

122694#32(IbexDunes).jpg
"Ibex Dunes" Death Valley National Park, California

110708#22(SanXavierDelBoc).jpg
"San Xavier Del Boc Mission" Tucson, Arizona

These images were created using a modified Kodak “Fun Saver Panoramic 35” disposable camera, reloaded with Kodak Tri-X 35mm black and white film. These cameras were manufactured between 1992 and 1999. Back then, one would usually find them displayed at grocery store check-out lanes. Most were pre-loaded with Kodak Gold 200 colour print film, which I remove and save for other projects. The camera has a two element 25mm f=12 plastic lens with a single 1/125th of a second shutter speed, so changes in lighting need to be compensated in the darkroom. Internally, I place a yellow gel filter between the film and the rear element. This filtration increases contrast and darkens the blue of sky. Also, I manipulate the internal mask with a file so its edge is not so perfect. I process my film and make my own prints. When printing these images I include the rebate edge, as I feel it’s part of the presentation. I go into the field with several cameras at once, since changing film requires a darkroom or changing tent. Plus, having extra cameras that you reserve for specific lighting situations helps keep similarly exposed images together on specific rolls for special darkroom handling. Questions?

Deon