• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Post Surgery

Pteranadon

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
First day off in 2 weeks and if course, a down pour all day.
Coming up with a few ideas- trying to get out of my comfort zone and attempt one.

Any crits n tips welcome!

Psurgery1.jpg

I am fond of low key...

RyanB

Eye of the Tiger
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I like the idea Marc and am also a fan of low key. Assuming the plate is white there seems to be a quite pronounced yellow cast to the shot.

A couple tweaks could really make the apple really stand out in the dark if you removed the yellow colour cast. I had a little play hope you don't mind. For this I used a curves layer in PS, setting the white point using the staples highlights and the black point using the shadows under the plate.

Hope you don't mind my playing. :)
Psurgery1Edit3.jpg

Last edited:

Pteranadon

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I like the idea Marc and am also a fan of low key. Assuming the plate is white there seems to be a quite pronounced yellow cast to the shot.

A couple tweaks could really make the apple really stand out in the dark if you removed the yellow colour cast. I had a little play hope you don't mind. For this I used a curves layer in PS, setting the white point using the staples highlights and the black point using the shadows under the plate.

Hope you don't mind my playing. :)
View attachment 313235
Looks great Ryan. Don't mind at all...
I knew it didn't look right- and in the habit of using sliders instead of the points.

I am relying on artificial light- and in the process of making room- for a more proper use of what I have. All a work in progress.

Including...comp! I have some pretty good ideas for the future but today I wanted to start simple, see my mistakes, get some crit n tips, and proceed!

Your help is appreciated, as it confirms my lighting issues!

Last edited: