1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Post your daily driver

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Auto-mobiles Photography Forum' started by Arthur.36, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Arthur.36

Arthur.36 Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    I am not sure if this has been done and if it has please direct me to it and delete this.
    What I was thinking if we post up our cars/motorbikes that we own and drive.
    I have got a 2007 JK Jeep and I love it. I have never been so happy in a car in my entire life. I just think its the best SUV/car I have had that is mine and mine alone. My wife can't drive it too well as the seats don't tilt down for her legs to sit better on the pedals.
    The other one is a Holden Captiva 7 which mean 7 seater, but if you had this on holidays with 7 people you would have no room to put your luggage..
    A little info on these is that we did a straight swap for both of them. I swapped my 2008 VE Commodore Ute and the wife swapped her 2013 VF Holden Commodore Sedan for the Captiva. Not one cent or penny was traded, it was a complete swap.
    If anyone has any good names for my Jeep could you let me know. I did name it Wilma but our youngest Granddaughter here said that the Jeep looks more like a boy and not a girl. SO we swapped the name to Wilson but I don't like it. I have been thinking Wyatt just not to sure.
    The photo of the wifes car is one I got off the net when it was at the dealers and this is one of their shots and not mine. I have been very slack in getting our car photos done this time around.
    Wilma & Plates.jpg

Cali (3).jpg

2. Andy 0

Andy 0 Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I've had Volkswagen Transporter T5.1/T6 for the last 8 years as company vehicles, left my job this afternoon so a few hours ago gave my last one back.

No car for me for the next few months, 50,000 business miles a year for eight years has finished me when it comes to driving.

I hear petrol has 'rocketed' Down Under at the moment, you're nearly paying 1/2 of what we pay in Western Europe now.

Filled my last van up before handing it back (about 85 litres of diesel) which cost $225AU afternoon!

That's $160 'murican.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  3. Christopher

Christopher Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Here is my runaround. It has a mind of it's own!!

index.png

4. rebel06

rebel06 Without a cause Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    My last two cars ... Vauxhall Insignia Sri 2.00 ltr ..... Nissan Qashqai 2.oo ltr
    My last Bike Goldwing SE 150cc.
    IMG_2531.jpg
    Qashqai.jpg
    DSCF1067a.jpg

5. Phill104

Phill104 Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I currently drive a company car, Rav 4 Hybrid with its odd 4WD system. I used to drive from Hertfordshire to Portsmouth or Gloucester and back every day in my role which wasn’t as bad as it seems as I am classed as a home worker so am paid from there. Still, 50K miles per year takes its toll on your health. Partly this is down to the only veggie food available in most motorway service stations is ginsters cheese and onion pasties, or cheese sarnies. I now do 35k per year much of which is as a dads taxi service for my teenage daughters. I’ve been with this company for 20years so it adds up to a lot of miles. I have gradually come to hate cars, especially the waste and destruction of resources they cause. I have a fuel card but despite my company pushing electric they have no scheme in place to cover fuel costs for electricity. Bit poor really considering how big a company we are. Hybrid is the best I can currently do and I must say they are great to drive.

Arthur.36 likes this.
  6. Ozzie_Traveller

Ozzie_Traveller Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    G'day Arthur

I don't usually become involved in threads such as this ... but coz you're such a good lookin' bloke, I'll join in

Here's our home on wheels -
    zR2D2 at rest, Tuncurry.JPG
    It's home for between 280 & 300 days annually; we've had it since new, 15yrs ago, and soon it's coming up to 500,000km all touring around Oz. It replaced 2- Toyota Hi-Ace campervans which over 20 yrs also clocked up the same sort of mileage

Oz is a big place ... and I haven't been everywhere "yet"

Hope this helps :)

Andy 0 and Arthur.36 like this.
  7. Ozzie_Traveller

Ozzie_Traveller Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hi Andy
    Diesel is currently $A1.65/Lt == $A7.50/Gallon == 4.50GBP at the moment [retail, all taxes etc paid]
    Phil

Arthur.36 likes this.
  8. gpick24

gpick24 Old Hand Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Just from the Reg No. you`ve got to call it Bart.
    We have the Vauxhall Antara (which is the UK name for the Captiva), a Mini Cooper Diesel & a Daihatsu Sportrak (I think it`s a Rocky to you upside downers) which has been in bits since January

Arthur.36 likes this.
  9. Arthur.36

Arthur.36 Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Phil friends of ours tried to get us to get one of these as they were going to get one.
    Well when I flew up to where they were as my wife was with them as she was helping them out.
    They got into her ear about them. I sat there and never committed to saying yes or no.

When we drove home we naturally started to talk about them and I told the wife if we were stranded we would be buggered.
    I have never been able to keep much in knowledge on mechanical things.
    So I would be no good and then come to changing of the wheel.
    I have got so many boney issues it would be so hard to change a tyre.

Yer they look good and if you are in a better position than I am I can see the merits to them.
    For us it just would not work out.
    As it happened once we were back home they changed their minds about 6 months later.

Gpick24 I can see how you got that name but I think its just not what I can see it being names.
    I actually did think of Bert which was close.

10. Blofeld

Blofeld Forum Photobomber Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Well here's my daily driver... Hyundai Tuscon, I've done nearly 130k miles in 2 1/2 years and it'll be sold in about 4 or 5 months. Not sure what my next car will be yet, but I'm seriously considering a hybrid.

13118896_1704929653093096_2397866495154324764_n.jpg

Arthur.36 likes this.
  11. Phill104

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hybrids are excellent. A bit noisy if you gun it (due to the gearbox) but otherwise really quiet and easy to drive. If you are mainly doing motorway miles probably not as economical as a good diesel but around town and short journeys a far better option. They are still expensive though, although prices are coming down. I've had 3 different ones now, all Toyota. My father has a Kia one and he also loves his. Also a lot of fun scaring people in supermarket car parks as they cannot hear you coming.

Arthur.36 and Blofeld like this.
  12. Blofeld

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)

Well, the Tucson does maybe 45mpg, and the Hybrid I’m looking at will do better than that even though I do lots of motorway.

Phill104 and Arthur.36 like this.
  13. Phill104

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I get about 50 on the motorway in the Rav 4 but I am not really an economical driver. Around town I get 60-70. The previous hybrid was a Prius+ 7 seater. I think the smaller wheels and engine made a big difference. The Rav4 is 4wd and 200hp, the Prius+ 140hp. On the motorway I was getting 60-65 and around town around 80. I could easily do the 15mile trip from my local nature reserve to home and get 95mpg in the Prius+.

Blofeld likes this.
  14. Blofeld

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Tbh, the mpg isn’t crucial for me, I get given a budget and I buy a car, the main thing is the hybrid will save me around £4K in BIK over the 3 year ownership.

15. Phill104

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Same for me, don’t really pay for fuel.

A couple of colleagues have Merc or Jags all for image reasons. They cost them BIK and additional personal contribution nearly £270 a month more than I pay. I think they are nuts.

16. Blofeld

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I have to pay fuel for private mileage, it’s not a company choice, it’s law. Government Guide says 11p per mile for diesel and 14p per mile for petrol.

The Tucson is about £275 per month and the Hybrid is £160-ish.

Phill104 likes this.
  17. Phill104

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Yeah, I know how it is supposed to work. Fortunately I am a home worker, rules then get a little woolly on what is private and what is business.

£160 sounds great.

Blofeld likes this.
  18. Blofeld

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Ah I see. I’m based from home but the company head office is Ipswich, so I work from home but cover a large area so mileage is between 4k and 5k per month.

Phill104 likes this.
  19. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Not much of a shot but the only one of it I have on-line:
    [​IMG]Moonlit layby by Mike Kanssen, on Flickr
    It has been washed since :)

Arthur.36 likes this.
  20. Andy 0

Andy 0 Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hopefully a car in the next few months!

I say a car, it'll be a big 6-cylinder, automatic 3 Series with leather as they're the only cars I genuinely get excited about.

I am a full BMW fan boy. I have no shame.

21. JAH-WAR

JAH-WAR Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    I used to have a BMW sports car, great wee weapon. Waste of space in the ice and snow mind but boy what fun in the dry.

22. Phill104

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Weird thing about BMWs, they come fitted as standard with some features but not with important ones. For instance they all, like Audi’s, have that drive at full chat 3mm from the car in front feature. It cannot be disabled and often comes with an extra bright always on main beam. Conversely, they seem to never be fitted with a Bluetooth hands free kit.

Russellski and JAH-WAR like this.
  23. JAH-WAR

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Yeah, I had to get rid of mine because it wouldn't go any closer.

Russellski and Andy 0 like this.
  24. Christopher

Christopher Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I drove the same Porsche Boxster ..........................for 18 years!!

Loved it but as it got older I got more and more worried about anything failing and it costing a lot of money to fix but I couldn't really afford a better car. My brother had cancer from 2012 and last year was particularly bad as he got really sick and I was terrified of it breaking down with him in it. So I part-exchanged it late last November for a second hand 2015 Ford Fiesta so I could get him to hospital as he could no longer really get in the Porsche due to swelling up and also the heating stopped working and he would get very cold. Sadly he passed away (after 5 cancers) on 8th December so he only got a few journeys in the Fiesta. But the Fiesta is a great car really. I have been up and down to Cornwall several times and no longer worry about my ride breaking down and costing a fortune to fix. These little cars are not like the small cars of yesterday.

ve15wbu-1645x430.jpg

Arthur.36 and Phill104 like this.
  25. JAH-WAR

Edit my images ?:
    No
    That really puts things into perspective. At the end of the day a car's a car and expendable but family and friends are family and friends and are irreplaceable.

Petrochemist and Christopher like this.