1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Post your daily driver

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Auto-mobiles Photography Forum' started by Arthur.36, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Arthur.36

Arthur.36 Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Ozzie_Traveller its so right but since I have done my back in we split our trip into around 6.5 hours of driving one day and the other 7 hours for the next.
    But with the invention on the camera and me taking it up a 6.5 hour day could very we swell up to over 8 hours.
    I am joining a local birding club and they do trips away and some are weekenders and the others are day drives.
    But this meant an early start. Not my best time.
    So pleased I have the Jeep to get me to the parts they go to.
    At one stage we looked at what you have but I just couldn't change the tyres if needed.
    So we are an SUV family now.

2. Andy 0

Andy 0 Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I now have a wonderful £200 VW Golf, 2000 registered, 1.9TDi with the all important autobox.

It's certainly a 'leisurely' drive and there is no lacquer left on the vehicle, it's been 'tagged' by some local n'erdowells and it leaks quite badly. For brevity assume just about all vehicle features are 'in-operative'.

Four steel wheels, a lumpy 160,000 mile engine. It's the original autobox too and judging by the state of the rest of the car it's never been serviced so I doubt it'll see another 20,000 miles but ultimately I don't care. It's going to the scrapyard when the MOT runs out in January anyway, it's not worth the effort to get it re-tested.

Old autoboxes are usually a bit near-enough, but old small diesels with autoboxes were something else in the 1990s, this follows that theme. I just wanted a cheap automatic though, so she fits the bill.

The alternator failed driving it home, fifteen pounds at the local scrapyard and a few hours of swearing (I've not worked on a car for some years now) and it's running again.

I plan to spend little more money on it beyond fuel and legal stuff.

Arthur.36 likes this.
  3. Phill104

Phill104 Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Nowt wrong with that if it gets you from A-B.

Arthur.36 likes this.
  4. Arthur.36

Arthur.36 Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    If we were rich we would buy a Range Rover Evoque, but we need to win what is called here TattsLotto.
    Its to us is one of the bes looking cars about. And we now have been forced into being SUV people.
    And I have watched many British shows and heard them say nowt and now I know how the letters go to make this word.

5. winchestergoose

winchestergoose Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    DSC05482.JPG DSC05419.JPG DSC05481.JPG Not my daily drive but two for special occaisions..................my normal is the Jimmny

SFTphotography and Arthur.36 like this.
  6. SFTphotography

SFTphotography Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    My only car - best car I’ve ever had. Hands down better to drive than my old E class, more comfortable and far better made. I drove it all the way from my home in Argyll to the French Alps in 24hours and got out and trecked round a lake I know looking for different compositions. That’s how refreshing a car this is to drive.

Lovely V6 engine sees it do 40mpg on a run and roar like a lion when pressing on. Only wish I had the money for the 5.0 version. One day maybe.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018 at 6:38 PM
    Arthur.36 likes this.