1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Poverty lies below

Discussion in 'Mono Images Forum' started by hooferinsane, Dec 22, 2018.

1. hooferinsane

hooferinsane EXIF Seeker Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    No disrespect or criticism of the homeless here. It was just the image of the person asleep between two bank service tills. Borough High Street, London.

poverty.jpg

DonS, Hatter and ed taylor like this.
  2. oldgeezer

oldgeezer Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    This is obscene in 2018.

3. hooferinsane

hooferinsane EXIF Seeker Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    There were so many like this all over London today Pete

4. oldgeezer

oldgeezer Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    i know Brian. It's very sad that it is getting worse all over the country but government don't really give a s##t.

It used to be tramps and junkies but not the case anymore. The way people are treated, it's like ethnic cleansing as far as I'm concerned.
    Bankers and politicians cause massive trauma and have no comeback. Not gonna change though.

LYNN GRIFFITHS and Haripaul like this.
  5. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    My sentiments exactly. :(

However, your image here is very poignant and relevant to the situation in many of our so called affluent countries, Brian. The fact that someone homeless can be between machines which spit out cash to the better off, yet still has to sleep on the street makes a stark reminder to the rest of us.

6. Haripaul

Haripaul Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    A sad but moving shot. In my town it was as Oldgeezer said tramps and junkies but now in my town there is so many homeless people sleeping in doorways or in the local park and woodlands.

hooferinsane likes this.
  7. Sundar Amartur

Sundar Amartur Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    20 trillion dollar economy and still find plenty of homeless people. This is USA. I had volunteered in 2012 to get a headcount of homeless in San Francisco for the human services agency.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
    Robbie S and hooferinsane like this.
  8. rebel06

rebel06 Without a cause Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    That Brian is a very powerful image, just so sad to see it in this modern age.
    Paul

hooferinsane likes this.
  9. Robbie S

Robbie S Active Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Thank you for having the courage to post that image Brian. Here in NZ we are not at all immune from the ravages of the relocation of wealth to the few.

LYNN GRIFFITHS and hooferinsane like this.
  10. Stephen F

Stephen F Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Bloody shocking in a G8 country ,mind the bloody politicians wont be going without . It really is the pits.Great documentary style shot .

hooferinsane and LYNN GRIFFITHS like this.
  11. winchestergoose

winchestergoose Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I spent a year in 1984 and 1990 living in your country, seems things have not changed. Dare I say it but some times people do choose to live live this. Having said that I appreciate the technical quality of the shot.

I might add it would take an exceptional government to be able to do anything about it.
    Poverty has always been and will continue to be so.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2019
    hooferinsane likes this.
  12. RusticSummer

RusticSummer Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I love the juxtaposition of the homeless person and the ATMs, they also create a triangle.

The country is a mess, like has been said, it used to be people with social problems who found themselves homeless, now it could be anyone, and all the while, consumerism is sky rocketing.

A great political photo!

Robbie S and hooferinsane like this.