• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Practicing Focus stacking

sapstar

Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I have been practicing focus stacking for a few days now. I was struggling with halos and focus banding. This is the first decent image. Stack of 67 photos shot at around 3:1 magnification. I used an old contax bellows adapted to Sony A7R III and a 50mm Enlarger lens. Here are the results.

Actual Subject:
20210325_180751_1.jpg

Stacked with Zerene Stacker:
A7RIII_1796_20210325_ZS.jpg

Stacked with Affinity Photo:
A7RIII_1796_20210325_Affinity.jpg

Last edited:

imagesBV

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
You appear to have mastered that...a good tool and skill to have.

They are good as they are....but I’d be tempted to clone out the tiny debris and raise the shadows and maybe add vibrancy to make these zing.

sapstar

Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
You appear to have mastered that...a good tool and skill to have.

They are good as they are....but I’d be tempted to clone out the tiny debris and raise the shadows and maybe add vibrancy to make these zing.
Thanks for the feedback. I have now edited out the dirt, reduced the contrast a bit and added some vibrance. The differences are subtle though...
Also Affinity photo had more pixels captured at the bottom which were blurred and I cropped them out earlier. I have now reconstructed this area using pixels from other areas.
A7RIII_1796_20210325_Affinity_Touchup.jpg

imagesBV

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
I agree....nice work.

sapstar

Photography Experience