1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Printer Problems

Discussion in 'Photography Chat Forum' started by Bill Nyman, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Bill Nyman

Bill Nyman New Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    I just printed a black and white picture on my Epson 4000 and it came out with a tint a blue, did this 5 times to verify.... cleaned my heads - heads are clean,,, printed directly to Epson and also went thru my ColorBurst Rip Software... still blue tint... I changed the Photo black just for for the hell of and cyan cartridges but still blue tint... Changed paper and paper selection still blue tint... Anyone have any thoughts HELP, thanks Bill

2. Tenorplayer

Tenorplayer Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Don't know if it's relevant or any use at all but when my Epson comp print heads played up and the self cleaner didn't work despite wasting a few cartridges on it, I bought a cleaning kit from printer (or print) doctor. Simple process, cheap and very very effective. Highly recommend for blocked heads even if it's not for your particular issue. I suspect @MikeB night be able to tell you the answer though

3. Bill Nyman

Bill Nyman New Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    my print heads are clean even did a power cleaning knowing I got a clean head printout...

4. gaelldew

gaelldew Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    @Bill Nyman why not go to this thread and introduce yourself, check out the threads at the top of the page plenty of information about the forum in there, people do like to know something about other members.
    Who Are You ??

5. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Just for the heckuvit, check the level of your Yellow cartridge. Epson are known for printing a blue haze when the Yellow is clogged or almost empty.

6. MikeB

MikeB Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Several issues could come into play including whether your monitor is calibrated or not and the method you used to achieve black and white. Desaturation is the worst way to get to black and white. In Photoshop, use the Color Sampler Tool to check out the colors of your blacks and grays - all three numbers for the RGB color should read the same. (it can go from 255, 255, 255 which is white down to 42,42,42 which is black but still having some texture. If the numbers are not all the same, then the image is not black and white. Before printing, change the color gamut to grayscale (Photoshop: IMAGE-->MODE-->GRAYSCALE), this should ensure that only the black and grey inks are used. However, if the image is not really grayscale then you may lose some contrast.

7. Phill104

Phill104 Old Hand Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Also check you are using the correct profile for your paper. Not all paper is white, or absorbs ink in the same way so getting the correct profile is really important. Some profiles even ha e corrections for the same paper depending on whether it is fed long or short edge due to the way the grain lays.