1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Want Pointers product shot - bandana

Discussion in 'Studio Images Forum' started by photogabs, Jul 3, 2018.

1. photogabs

photogabs New Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hi,

I'm looking for advice on taking a pic of a bandana bib.

I like the look of this example https://www.flickr.com/photos/146299714@N06/30760724246 but really struggled to get anything close as the product I have is smaller and thinner material.

I currently think thing e only way is to soak in PVA glue and shape then let it dry the shoot then.

Anyone got advice and how to setup this type of photo.

I've re-touched 10,000's of photos for major ads so retouching isn't an issue but need something to start with which isn't poor..

don't shoot me down but half tempted to 3d model something like this.

Thanks!!!

2. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hello and WELCOME to the forum. The example you have linked to seems to have been modelled on one of those white plastic mannequin busts that they also photograph necklaces on, and then had the mannequin edited out.

3. photogabs

photogabs New Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thanks for the welcome!

Yeh just looking right now to buy a cheap one. I've seen other similar shots that show the inside of the bandana so assume that's glue of wire.

I've shot them flat to show the fabric pattern which look pretty good but just doesn't showcase the product to the customer. It needs to be like someone is wearing it.

I think a mannequin may be the only way..

4. photogabs

photogabs New Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    First draft.. Love any thoughts..

unisex-1-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2018
  5. Ramble Vision

Ramble Vision Mountain Climber Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    No
    looks good to me. maybe lift the exposure a slight touch. but otherwise the lighting is nice, sows he shape well.

6. photogabs

photogabs New Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thanks.. ignore the cutout as just a quick draft to get a feel..