• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Property Release

Squire Robert

Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
Hi,
I had an e-mail from 500px suggesting I put one particular image, see below, up for licensing as they thought it would have potential. So, nothing ventured, nothing gained, I filled in their on line form and submitted it.
A response came back saying they needed a property release, the image as you can see is of an ancient (2000 year old) corridor in Athens. This building and the surrounding ones are open to the public for an entrance fee.
Would you normally be expected to obtain a property release in these circumstances before the image can be used, and how would you obtain one - write to the Greek department of antiquities?
Another question, I have subsequently read that 500px are not the most open and honest when it comes to licensing and payment. has anyone had experience, good or bad in using them? Thanks for your helpView attachment 323028Stoa of Attlos by Glyn Dodson.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RyanB

Eye of the Tiger
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
As I understand it there is no restriction on personal photography at ruins and museums in Greece but for commercial photography you need a license which you need to contact the Ministry of Culture and Sport to obtain. The link for which you can find here. https://www.culture.gov.gr/en/SitePages/contact.aspx

As for 500px licensing and payments I have no experience so can't help there.

Squire Robert

Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
Thanks for the link and clarification