1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

PS HELP .

Discussion in 'Photoshop & Editing Chat Forum' started by Stephen F, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Stephen F

Stephen F Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    i have been having problems when saving files from PS , i edit in PS then save as jpeg and when i open them on the computer they look very muddy and nothing like the colours that i edited, example below . i took the first image into Ps to clone out lose threads on the hat and darken areas around the model and desided to flip image, when i was happy i saved back to hard drive and the result was the second image . I have tried saving images since and have had the same result. Any thoughts /ideas as to what is happening would be greatly appreciated.

IMGP7038-002.jpg

IMGP7038-001-Edit 04.jpg

2. johnytrout

johnytrout Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Up in ... "Image" - "Mode" …. Is RGB Colour ticked ?

3. Stephen F

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I will check that,thank you.

4. Stephen F

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Just checked that and set to SRGB 16 bit , and on save screen it is ticked pro photo SRGB. it is really starting to get my back upas before all the updates etc i never had the problem and as far as i know i haven't changed any settings.

5. rebel06

rebel06 Without a cause Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    looking at the exif data for both, the colour space on the first is sRGB and on the second is Uncalibrated.

6. Stephen F

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Here is what i am doing and the settings , on saving as jpeg.

Fullscreen capture 14042019 134858.bmp.jpg

Fullscreen capture 14042019 135120.bmp.jpg

7. oldgeezer

oldgeezer Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Have you set the Colour Settings under the Edit menu ?

Set to Adobe RGB and at the bottom it says 'Desaturate Monitor Colours'. Make sure you un-tick that box.

Pro photo you don't need and sRGB is really for viewing images on the web. If you are going to print use Adobe RGB.

8. Stephen F

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thanks Pete.

Tried doing all that Pete and it is stll doing it , every time i save file and select jpeg it comes up icc pro RGB. And have tried un ticking this but same results, it is now starting to stress me out as i never mess with settings but has only recently started to do this, it save's ok from light room so am kind of stumped.

9. hooferinsane

hooferinsane EXIF Seeker Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  10. oldgeezer

oldgeezer Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    What is your camera colour set at.
    I don't understand where the icc profile is coming from.
    I will fire the PC up tomorrow and have a search about on the net. It's very frustrating I know but don't change to much till you find an answer, you might make it worse.

11. MikeB

MikeB Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    The color change is probably due to incorrect converting across color gamuts. For example, saving a JPEG in the ProPhoto RGB gamut. When the file is read, it will be read as an sRGB JPEG and all of the color information will be incorrect.

If you are using Adobe Camera Raw, at the bottom center is a panel identifying your preferences. This identifies what color gamut will be sent to Photoshop. If it is incorrect, simply click on it and change it.

In Bridge click on Edit->Color Settings, here is where you synchronize the color settings across all of your Adobe products. Making your choice here should reset Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.

In Photoshop, again under Edit>Color Settings, make sure that the Working Spaces is what you want.

I prefer to do all of my editing in ProPhoto RGB as I then have more control over how the colors captured by the camera are converted to the much smaller color gamuts such as Adobe RGB, sRGB, and CMYK. Otherwise you are throwing a lot of color data away before you even start editing.

When you edit an image, especially when using Curves, Levels or Saturation, you are moving colors (reassigning color data) up and down the scale. With the smaller color spaces that movement hits a wall and any color data moved beyond that wall are clipped. Once it is clipped the original color data is lost. If you pull back that data, moving the Curve/Slider the other way, all of the data that was moved beyond the limit of the color gamut definition was reassigned to the nearest color within the definition.

Editing in ProPhoto RGB calls for additional steps when converting to smaller color spaces. You need to choose the Conversion Intent (under Color Settings) to what works best for the photo and then convert the image using Edit->Convert to Profile and set the bit-depth to 8-bits (Image->Mode->8-Bits/Channel) and then Save As JPEG. Using the Export function works well and you can set up a default. Saving to Web has limitations.

Most commercial print shops require an image to be 8-bit sRGB. If you are printing on a high quality inkjet printer then you have the capability to print beyond the sRGB and even the Adobe RGB color space for richer, more vibrant/saturated colors you can also use a larger color gamut and 16-bit data depth. You then set up the profile for the paper type you are using and print to that profile.

Stephen F likes this.
  12. Stephen F

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Big thank you to Mike B ,I followed some of the tips from MIKE B, i have just started using Bridge and i did as Mike B suggested and that seems to have sorted the problem , having to learn new stuff computer wise don't come that easy so when things go wrong i am a bit up the creek , so a big thank's to all who took the time to suggest thing and help me out , much appreciated.