1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

PTSD Awareness Campaign Photo

Discussion in 'Critique Corner Forum' started by TransportJockey, Nov 2, 2014.

1. TransportJockey

TransportJockey Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I took this recently for the Code Green Campaign to use to help highlight EMS/FD/PD PTSD and depression rates, along with to help bring attention to the astounding numbers of first responders who commit suicide because of things that they might have seen on the job. I'm hoping for some critique on this shot, as I've never done one like it before.
    [​IMG]

c-reg1 likes this.
  2. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    The image has me looking, and trying to critique, but the message is already there. I think this fits the brief very well.

3. Mike Singh

Mike Singh Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    The washed out colours adds to the story you are trying to tell.

4. MikeB

MikeB Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    The photo looks good and certainly supports the associated narrative. Consider removing the red color cast and correcting the perspective distortion, removing the electric line, and the small shed to the right of the door.

martinlawuk likes this.
  5. gramps

gramps Always on

Edit my images ?:
    No
    That would be my take as well ... that having been said, the image certainly makes the point you intended :)

6. Snips

Snips Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Or if you're not happy with cloning, a crop off that side would work too.

I like the addition of the cigarette. Fitting the brief very well.

7. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    My father is dealing with PTSD and know many in my area in public works who suffer as well. Reading into Photo Journalism and knowing the down side of "What has been Seen, Cannot be Unseen" tells me I want nothing to do with the profession :p As much as I adhere to the truth in visual media it's just not something I want to add to my already full mental bucket...

I like the image as is. Given that the left crop is right against the vehicle I'd say crop the right to the same tolerance, it balances it out for me and removes the small building that people seem to object to.

8. TransportJockey

TransportJockey Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thank you guys. I'll try that crop once I get home. I'm glad it already sells the message I wanted

9. TransportJockey

TransportJockey Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    The cigarette apparently caused some issues on social media but I'm rather happy with what it lends to the shot

10. Snips

Snips Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Flamin' policital correctness!

11. Ogofmole

Ogofmole Always on Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    The image works well for me, and tells a story without the need for words.

12. Minor Problem

Minor Problem Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    A good powerful image. The barrel distortion needs attention though, I'm not so fussed by the vertical perspective issues but the ambulance looks like it's been inflated.

13. tenchy

tenchy Rain maker Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I think it conveys the message well.
    I agree on some perspective distortion, but I'm less worried about the elements that would normally detract like the wires and shed, as the shot is, or would be expected to be, in situ, 'on the ground' and those things would be there.
    Though depending on where it's being used, maybe the wires.

14. TransportJockey

TransportJockey Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I played around with the distortion and cropping. They both look better than the original I think. Thank you all for the kind words about the shot. This project means a lot to me, as I've lost a couple good friends to suicide after what they've seen on the job.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Mike Singh

Mike Singh Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    The cropped photo is better

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Much better. I like the second of these crops the best.