1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

RAF Shawbury Families Day 2017

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Auto-mobiles Photography Forum' started by Jason, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Jason

Jason Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    RAF Families Days are great. You know the event is on but have no clue what aircraft are going to arrive/display, (they are supposed to be private events.) Wandered along last friday to be greeted by blue skies, fluffy clouds and baking heat. The base police/security were clearing the roads around the base and, with a sensible level of hospitality, providing an area near the end of the runway for the public safely to watch from outside, so we got an idea that something fast and loud might be arriving..

[​IMG]Typhoon by Jason, on Flickr

[​IMG]Chinook by Jason, on Flickr

[​IMG]Falcons by Jason, on Flickr

[​IMG]Reds x10 by Jason, on Flickr

balami likes this.
  2. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    This is a great set. The second one is my favourite by far, with that contrail moisture condensing in the clouds.

Jason likes this.
  3. Ramble Vision

Ramble Vision Mountain Climber Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    very good set jason, number two stands out for me, the cloud, vapour trail(?) combo works very well for me.

Jason likes this.
  4. steve b

steve b Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Another for number two, in a very fine set.

Jason likes this.
  5. gaelldew

gaelldew Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Same for me Jason though good angle on #3, had a Typhie stooging around us yesterday, only did one fairly low pass for a built up area. Of course I missed it.

Jason likes this.
  6. rebel06

rebel06 Without a cause Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Great set Jason .... we saw the reds as we were coming back from barmouth on friday, wondered where they were going.

Jason likes this.
  7. yasser

yasser Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    As already said "great set", this must have been a good day.

Jason likes this.
  8. Jason

Jason Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thanks. Second is my fave as well. Looks a lot better on my screen as FlickR has crushed the JPeg again.. :(

9. steve b

steve b Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    One of my grandsons works on Typhoons, he's on a four month tour in Cyprus at the mo. I bought him an entry level DSLR hoping he could get some great pics, he uses it like a phone cam and shows me stuff on a 2" screen!

10. Ogofmole

Ogofmole Always on Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Very nice set, and you had good light.