1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Rechargeable Batteries for Speedlite?

Discussion in 'Studio Lighting Forum' started by Hannah T Lobban, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Andy 0

Andy 0 Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Fair play at @oldgeezer - I perhaps should have been more tactful.

My apologies, no harm intended.

oldgeezer likes this.
  2. oldgeezer

oldgeezer Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    No, after reading my post it was my fault. It reads badly.

3. DonS

DonS Stuck in Toronto Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  4. DonS

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    If you two keep sorting out misunderstandings all by yourselves the moderators will get really bored ;)

Roger S likes this.
  5. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Don, come on back to the card game in the Moderators' Lounge. There's nothing to see here. :roll:

DonS likes this.
  6. Phill104

Phill104 Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I have one too, works well but a bit limited. The nitecore one I mentioned charges so many more types of batteries, and has a USB charge output that I thought it may be a bit more versatile.

7. DonS

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I like that it does 8, so a set and a spare. It is also a good price, I ordered mine from the UK and was still a better deal than what I could get here. I only use AA and AAA around the house with the exception of the girls MS Surface: the pen uses AAAA batteries. I order those from Amazon basics.

8. balami

balami Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Whilst we're here, do remember that there are a couple of variations of Eneloops. The basic ones (white) and the Pro (black).

I use the Pro versions which are obviously more expensive. I did a night time party last week firing off circa 300 shots with a 600 EX Speedlite, and there was still plenty of power left in them.

9. Snips

Snips Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Ah! I had no idea and hence my comment earlier about not finding much difference between ordinary batteries and the white ones.

10. David McKibbin

David McKibbin New Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Although it is already mentioned above, the key benefit of Eneloops is that they hold their charge really well whilst not being used.

I use speedlights quite a lot and recharge the batteries after each shoot and know I’m ready to go for the next one.

There may be other cheaper brands that do the same but given how reliable and how long the eneloops last, I’d rather pay a couple of quid more and not have to worry.

Good luck!

11. Phill104

Phill104 Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    It is not a couple of quid though, they cost three times the price. When you can get the same cells with a different wrapper for a third of the price it is a no brainier. The effect of good marketing never ceases to amaze.

Andy 0 likes this.