• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Recommended Watermarking App?

richy photo

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Hello Everyone.

First, I am sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section of the forum.

Anyway, I am looking for a suitable watermarking application that will give me the option of placing my watermarks diagonally in tiled mode acoss the photo

What watermarking applications can you recommend? Free or, paid versions even.

Thanks.

rebel06

Taking it easy.
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
What photo editing software do you have .. .e.g photoshop gimp ?

richy photo

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
What photo editing software do you have .. .e.g photoshop gimp ?
Hi. I don't own photoshop on PC. I just use what came with my windows 10 and also, I use adobe photoshop express and lightroom a lot, on android
with a whole host of other apps mainly for filtering my work.

Cheers.

rebel06

Taking it easy.
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
You can make your own then in photoshop express by making a text watermark .....

Select App Settings > Preferences > Add Watermark. To add a photo of your choice, click Add image and select the photo you want to add as a watermark. Toadd text, click Add text and save the text you want to add as a watermark. You can use the slider to adjust the opacity of your watermark.

richy photo

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
You can make your own then in photoshop express by making a text watermark .....

Select App Settings > Preferences > Add Watermark. To add a photo of your choice, click Add image and select the photo you want to add as a watermark. Toadd text, click Add text and save the text you want to add as a watermark. You can use the slider to adjust the opacity of your watermark.
Well, I have tried to execute my idea using photoshop express but it cannot be done. Have you used it? You maybe refering to Photoshop CC? I have been using uMark 6 for my idea to watermark my photos tiled diagonally acoss the photos but having a little trouble doing that as there is some fiddling around involved and not the option, say; fill whole screen diagnolly given? Or, somewhere along those lines? Is why I am asking really [should have mentioend this already?]

But, yeh what software can you recommend that will give me the option to execute the idea I have in mind for watermarking my photos diagonally in tiled mode filling the whole picture?

Thanks.

rebel06

Taking it easy.
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
have you followed the post I made above in Photoshop Express ??

rebel06

Taking it easy.
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
In Photoshop you can define a brush (edit> Define Brush Preset) and then use it in any direction.

richy photo

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
In Photoshop you can define a brush (edit> Define Brush Preset) and then use it in any direction.
You must be using a different app? I have tried what you said up there, in regard to; Preferences > Add Watermark.
and also, define a brush (edit> Define Brush Preset)

I am on photoshop express now, on android, and what you say cannot be done?

richy photo

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I just tried it again. There is the option to add watermark yes. But, nothing like an option to suggest that I can fill the whole picture or, tiled diaganolly filling the whole picture.
Like the example I have posted below. Which is the idea of how I would like to watermark to my photos.

Thanks.

watermark-plus_142238_full.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jerry Jackson

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I can recommend iWatermark+ on iPhone/iPad it can do what you ask as in your example.

richy photo

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I can recommend iWatermark+ on iPhone/iPad it can do what you ask as in your example.
Hey thank you so much for the tip. I will give it a shot.

Snips

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I know it's an old thread and Richy hasn't been back for a while but when exporting in Lightroom there is a watermarking facility some way down the export file dialog box and if you don't like the choices given you can upload a png file (or jpg) and this will be overlaid on the image. The same is available in the Print Module.

richy photo

Here a lot
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I am back. Sorry for my absence.

And Thank You for the email.

I have moved much further on now with my watermarking and am happy with what I am doing. Also, in my absence, I have managed to put together a website showing my photo works too. So just been busy constructing it and adding my photography.

Here is my new website. https://myartsavesme.com/

Also, keep in mind I haven't used RAW file before so in the coming weeks I will be buying my very first DSLR camera. I have my eye on the Canon EOS 4000D, as I get the 50 mm lens as well as the 18-55 mm lens. I have never used a lens before or connected one to a camera body anyway. The DSLR I have my eye on is around the £300 mark but can stretch my budget to around £450. The camera I have always used is a Sony Cybershot h400 and again keep in mind, before I bought the h400 I never understood at all the kind of unknown photographic world that I will be stepping into? Especially, understanding the relationship between iso/shutter speed and aperture, so this to has taken a long time to understand/ish, as the only camera I ever used close to DSLR, is the camera I own now. So all my work on the website is edited using only jpeg based files.

But since using the h400, of course I have self-taught myself with lots of reading and research and now I feel ready to take the next step into using DSLR, as I now have a fair idea what it all means, although am always still a little sketchy at using manual mode so just stick to aperture priority and program auto. I purchased my Sony Cybershot h400 back in late September 2017 as I wanted a much better camera than the camera mobile phone I was using a lot and now a little over two years later I feel I am ready to buy my very first entry-level DSLR camera. It's just very exciting when I think about the AI Servo AF and working with RAW is something I am looking forward to as well.

My photo editing software atm is uMark, Luminar 4, Smart Photo Editor and Lightroom on Android. Although, I always tend to reach out to the standard Windows 10 photo editor for adjusting my photos first mainly using the 'light' option before I head off into my other software. Luminar 4, I always use for the finishing touches.

Anyhooo, the forum looks great and thanks for the email,
and to everyone for your feedback too,
it means a lot. :wave:

Last edited: