1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Red Eyed Tree Frog

Discussion in 'Macro Images Forum' started by stanm, Oct 11, 2017 at 3:38 PM.

1. stanm

stanm Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    From a studio macro workshop a few weeks back

Stan

[​IMG]

Andy325i and DwarvenChef like this.
  2. Kevin Fox

Kevin Fox Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Cool looking frog. Well lit and composed. Is it a stack? You got both eyes in focus. For some reason the image just looks flat, no depth. I'm guessing a long lens was used, maybe?

3. petelarkin

petelarkin Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    My thoughts too Kevin. Needs a bit of shading and shadow - looks like it was lit from all directions?

4. lesthelens

lesthelens Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Something not quite right with it, it looks like a painting a bit sort of wooden

5. stanm

stanm Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    thanks for looking guys

As said it is a studio shot - lit from above by a single light, macro lens, one shot at 1/125, f11, ISO 100

6. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Which Macro lens? I ask because I find myself looking to acquire multiple Macro lengths for different effects.

7. stanm

stanm Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    mine is a Canon EF 100 f2.8 LIS. I am not sure though the focal length of a macro lens would have any effect on the Effects

Stan

8. JAH-WAR

JAH-WAR Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Have to say, I'm not seeing too much wrong with this shot. I'd be happy with it.

9. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    It's a lovely frog. The shot does seem a little flat though.

10. David Payne

David Payne Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I like the shot, good colours and pin sharp. Could the flatness be a result of the BG being so uniformly dull and consistently OOF? I often comment that cluttered OOF BGs hurt my eyes, because I can't not try and focus on them, but this one seems to me to go to the other extreme of having no interest at all.

11. stanm

stanm Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)