1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Red tide / Bioluminescence night settings?

Discussion in 'Photography Tips, Tricks & Tutorials Forum' started by schroedel, Oct 1, 2017.

1. schroedel

schroedel Well-Known Member Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hello everyone,
    Can someone help me with the settings on my Canon T6i to photograph the bio-luminescence in the waves at night on the beach during the red tide? Any help or tips would be appreciated.I may have missed my opportunity but will know for next time. Thanks

2. balami

balami Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I've no idea what this is. Anyone else help?

schroedel likes this.
  3. SeanNeedham

SeanNeedham Ol' Sparky Honorary Life Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Tripod, fairly long shutter speed (~15 seconds), fairly wide aperture (F:/2.8 - 4), fairly high ISO. For more water movement, lower the shutter speed, go with a wider aperture (if possible) or bump up the ISO .

schroedel likes this.
  4. schroedel

schroedel Well-Known Member Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thank you!! Not much info out there that i could find. Now to be able to catch the red tide.:)

5. jameslford21

jameslford21 New Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    thanks for sharing!!

schroedel likes this.