1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Replacement inks for epson Stylus1400

Discussion in 'Forum Printing Service & Questions Forum' started by Expo, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Expo

Expo Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hello all ... I've just been thinking of replacing the inks on my Epson Photo Stylus 1400 (which has been a great printer to date) and am shocked to discover a full set (of 6) now costs nearly £90.00!!

Can anyone recommend a replacement ink which is a bit more affordable (paid around £65 for the last lot) but which gives good results. I have always used the branded stuff, but that's getting silly.

Thanks all ... off to do a bit of research .....

2. Peter Glynn

Peter Glynn Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
  3. Peter Glynn

Edit my images ?:
    No
  4. oldgeezer

oldgeezer Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    My old Epson used 3rd party inks but my new 760 don't like them at all.
    I spend more time trying to get decent colour but I will get genuine next to each.
    It even tells me they are not genuine which annoys the hell out of me.

5. Expo

Expo Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thanks Peter ... I've ordered a set from 999inks and we'll see how it goes. Around half the price of the Epson ones, but I'm wondering if it's time I braved one of the commercial print outfits. At around a quid or less per image, I could get a lot of prints for the price of a set of inks. Shame, because the 1400 had been a great printer ...

6. Peter Glynn

Edit my images ?:
    No
  7. MikeB

MikeB Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Several companies reverse engineer the inks and dyes produced by Epson, Canon, etc. with different levels of success. In addition to the ink having to be correctly formulated for the printer to use without gumming it up, it also needs be mix properly with the other inks, perform well with various papers, and have the same ICC profile as the original material. It is true that the manufacturers make more of a profit on their inks than their printers, but if you want consistent and dependable service from your printer, I recommend sticking with the manufacturer's inks and dyes.

8. Peter Glynn

Edit my images ?:
    No
    That's what they want you to do I have used other inks and had no problem.