1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Just Sharing Rialto Bridge at the Venetian, Las Vegas, NV

Discussion in 'HDR Images Only Forum' started by Barry Kidd, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Barry Kidd

Barry Kidd Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    I typically don't do a lot of HDR but there are times when it's flat out necessary when you want to capture the complete dynamic rage of a scene. There are also times that I'm just in the mood to do it.

Shooting the lights and colors of the Vegas strip is certainly a time when both situations apply.

Below is a five frame HDR of the "Rialto Bridge" at the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas. In some respects I like it. On the other hand it also looks far to HDR-ish if that makes any sense at all. I typically prefer my HDR shots to look more realistic. Oh well. It is what it is.

This image was built in Photomatix and the color was popped with Photoshop using the Lab Color Space.

HDR-Photo-of-the-rialto-bridge-venetian-las-vegas-night.jpg

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    Mike Singh likes this.
  2. rebel06

rebel06 Without a cause Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Possibly just a touch over saturated ... would have liked someone walking through though.

3. Barry Kidd

Barry Kidd Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Thank you for the comment.

I agree that the saturation is a bit much. Even so it was a "mood thing". I get that sometimes. Different moods I mean.

As far as people? Vegas is absolutely crowded 24/7 and getting a shot where the side walks are free of people is a task at best. I actually waited for a long time to be able to snap off 5 frames that were free of people. This series of photos was snapped about 2:45 AM.

Because of the long exposure you can see "some people" that are blurred out on the side walk behind the shrubs to the right of the frame. Since I was actually looking for a clean shot that's always bothered me. You really have to look to see them though.

4. rebel06

rebel06 Without a cause Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Yes, tell me about it .... been 3 times now and always hot and packed ....

Barry Kidd likes this.
  5. Snips

Snips Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    That appeals to me - I know it's not natural but I like it.

Barry Kidd likes this.
  6. Barry Kidd

Barry Kidd Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Here's a screen shot of the original frames.

They aren't very impressive to say the least.

Screen-Shot-2017-03-12-at-1.55.11-PM.jpg

7. Kevin Fox

Kevin Fox Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Nicely done and not an HDR over kill. I agree about the saturation, just a tad too hot for me especially in the oranges. The yellow light on the walk doesn't match the whiter lights on the light pole.

Barry Kidd likes this.
  8. Barry Kidd

Barry Kidd Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Thank you. Sometimes I like it. (Today I do.) Sometimes I don't. I'm goofy like that.

This shot actually looks decent in B&W because there's so much contrast. The problem is that B&W brings out so much noise in the sky that it becomes the focal point the image. That's kind of a bummer.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2017
    Kevin Fox likes this.
  9. Kevin Fox

Kevin Fox Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    It probably does look great, but you got to go color. The colors are a big part of Vegas and night shooting.

Barry Kidd likes this.
  10. tenchy

tenchy Rain maker Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I like the saturation here. I think you can get away with it in Vegas. It looked pretty much like I recall seeing it, apart from looking empty until you pointed out the ghosts on the right.

11. Barry Kidd

Barry Kidd Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Thank you.

12. MikeB

MikeB Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Very nice, well done.

Barry Kidd likes this.
  13. Violaman

Violaman Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I saw one just like it when I was in Italy recently :sarcasm:

Barry Kidd likes this.
  14. Weepre92

Weepre92 Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    The sky seem a bit grainy near a blue laser. Was the image a bit distorted because of uploading to the website?

15. Barry Kidd

Barry Kidd Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Nope. My fault. I was bracketing 5 exposures and some of them were quite long so I had Long Exposure Noise Reduction turned off.

I've never seen the real one.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2017