• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Rumour: Lightroom 10 dropping support for more older OS's

DonS

Stuck in Toronto
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I cannot confirm nor name my source for this. We can assume Photoshop will have the same.

Mac OS

Dropping support for macOS High Sierra (10.13.x).
The minimum macOS version supported is would be macOS Mojave (10.14).

Windows

Dropping support for Windows 7 and Windows 10 v1803, v1809.
The minimum Windows 10 version supported would v1903 (or later).

For Windows 10 users this could be a big deal. Windows LTSB (or whatever they call it now) for corporate environments is often way behind on updates. Right now, you need the Windows 10 March 2019 (came out in May 2019) update to run version 10. Dropping Windows 7 goes without saying that it makes sense, all support from Microsoft has ended as well.

For MacOS, it is not so bad. You need to be running a pretty old device to not support Mojave. My Late 2012 Mac Mini supports Catalina (10.15) but it is the last supported OS upgrade from Apple. I will not get Big Sur on this.

SeanNeedham

Ol' Sparky
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Not actually that surprised that they are cutting it off at Mojave, especially what with Apple cutting a lot of older support off there as well. I don't know whether you've seen it, maybe not if the machine isn't 11 compatible (or it could just as well be my version of PS, 2018, as I've not found any reason to upgrade from there) where certain things from the last dot update of Catalina inside the install of PS have been triggering warnings through gatekeeper and there was also a plugin that got flagged as well because it carried a kext.

I don't know if I'll be upgrading to Big Sur yet or not on the production rig as the firewall I use isn't yet (and probably won't be) compatible with it what with the shift on kexts.

DonS

Stuck in Toronto
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Adobe Max this year is all virtual, so I expect this update to be out on or about the 20th of October.

DonS

Stuck in Toronto
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Sneak peak at new feature advanced colour grading