1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

scotland

Discussion in 'Landscape Photography Forum' started by LYNN GRIFFITHS, Nov 6, 2018 at 4:57 PM.

1. LYNN GRIFFITHS

LYNN GRIFFITHS Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    well, i have j, not day to day just come back from 5 days in scotland. beautifull scenery, absolutly stunning hotel, with good food , brilliant staff etc. i was so excited about going ( to take pictures). but i was so dissapointed. i wont go on about it, because this is about photos, not my holiday. the second morn it was FREEZING!!!!!! trapped my finger in the tripod, ouch!!. anyhow heres some pics from that morn. not so good! it was early and misty

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018 at 1:58 PM
  2. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Well done, Lynn. They're all good, but those last three are beautiful. :first:

3. LYNN GRIFFITHS

LYNN GRIFFITHS Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  4. Russellski

Russellski Active Member Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I hope your finger is better now.. 3 and 5 are my choices.

LYNN GRIFFITHS likes this.
  5. rebel06

rebel06 Without a cause Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I think you have a good set of images here Lynn .... good idea to number your images so as not to cause confusion when giving advice .... I like the 3rd and 5th best ... may be just a slight crop and small adjustments needed on a couple.
    Something like this.
    rsz_dsc04242a.jpg
    Paul

6. H1ghlander

H1ghlander Always on

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Well done Lynne, got more than a few decent shots there but you need to keep an eye on levelling your camera when shooting. Yes you can fix off kilter shots later in post but at the expense of losing pixels.
    Good progress though.

7. LYNN GRIFFITHS

LYNN GRIFFITHS Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    thanks. that house looked as if it was just about sinking in the water!!!!!

thankyou. yeah, my finger is black blood inside!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2018 at 10:13 AM
  8. Ozzie_Traveller

Ozzie_Traveller Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    G'day Lynn

Ah - Lynn .... you've come home with some cracker shots here > well done

The one that strikes me most is #3 - the old building + water wheel + trees
    I have taken the liberty [in PSE] of adjusting Levels and adding 10% contrast, along with a bit of a crop

Thoughts?
    Lynn UK.jpg

Phil

9. Ogofmole

Ogofmole Always on Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Looks like you had a good time.

10. LYNN GRIFFITHS

LYNN GRIFFITHS Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    thanks phil. BALMORAL was on our itinery, so i thought, good, more pics!!!!, but sadly no. BALMORAL was closed, i was so dissapointed. i didnt get that many pics. anyhow, many thanks for all your comments. still got a sore finger!!!!!!

it wasnt too bad, a bit dissapointing photo side of things.x

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2018 at 10:14 AM
  11. LYNN GRIFFITHS

LYNN GRIFFITHS Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  12. David_MC

David_MC Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Some lovely shots in here. Just need to watch your horizons.

13. Sundar Amartur

Sundar Amartur Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  14. Ramble Vision

Ramble Vision Mountain Climber Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    No
    good work lynn, some lovely atmosphere with that mist. number 1 in post 12 is my fave, althou is crop some sky off and darken it a little.

15. Jason

Jason Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Lots to like in this set of pics, well done. The last two are very nice indeed.

16. LYNN GRIFFITHS

LYNN GRIFFITHS Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    rsz_dsc04219.jpg rsz_dsc04225.jpg rsz_dsc04305.jpg rsz_dsc04258.jpg rsz_dsc04248.jpg rsz_dsc04265.jpg

hi
    i have put these recent pics on, and have been messing about with the horizon. (do hope they are ok). could some please delete the very first 9 pics from the top of the page. i am not sure how to do it, and do not want to mess anthing up. thankyou. lynn

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018 at 1:56 PM
  17. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I have takes some out for you, Lynn. I won't delete more, or the whole thread becomes disjointed and too hard to follow.

18. LYNN GRIFFITHS

LYNN GRIFFITHS Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    thankyou very much roger.x

19. Banjo Ryan

Banjo Ryan Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Good work Lynn. Your eye for an image is coming along well and you've captured some nice moments with dramatic conditions.

I tend to intentially under expose which helps to retain the detail in the sky, so that might be something worth considering.

A bit of post work and the odd crop here and there and I think you will have some nice wall hangers from your trip.

20. LYNN GRIFFITHS

LYNN GRIFFITHS Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    thankyou for your comments. i do take them onboard. i still have a long way to go, trouble is i do not get out and about as much as i would like. i had a walk to the bottom of the drive this morning and took some pics of the trees, on the way up to the caravan park. there not brill but i do enjoy taking pics.even took some of christmas cakes that i had iced!!!!!!lol thanks again. i put the other pics on landscape forum

21. nanhi

nanhi Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Nostalgic photos Lynn. I lived and worked in Motherwell near Airdrie Scotland and it is heaven on earth. May I ask you to use the CLARITY, DEHAZE & HSL Tools in Lightroom to make the photos Picture Post Card quality - peppier, colorful, a bit contrasty. I have attached two reworked ones - difficult to work with small 130 KB files. Sorry for not taking your permission before hand.

1.jpg 2.jpg

22. LYNN GRIFFITHS

LYNN GRIFFITHS Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    thats absolutly fine. i do not mind one bit. hopefully i will keep on learning from all these tips. i do not have photoshop, but i will try and have a go in Fastone. thanks.