1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Sigiriya (Lion Rock) Sri Lanka

Discussion in 'Landscape Photography Forum' started by kayak, Apr 15, 2019.

1. kayak

kayak Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Only a short climb to the top (not). Just over 1,000 steps, nearer 1,200. Great climb in 39 degrees C with a camera swinging around your neck, but you just have to do it, once.

I’d like to say the journey back down was easy but in reality it’s not much better when your legs have turned to jelly.

As you can see, the sunlight was straight at the lens, nothing I could do about that other than walk round to the other side of the rock. Did I consider doing that? No!

aDSC_0393.jpg

View from the top.

aDSC_0411.jpg

2. David_MC

David_MC Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Quite the view from up there.

kayak likes this.
  3. kayak

kayak Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    It was. And once your heart rate slows down after the climb you can get a few shots without shaking.

4. Ramble Vision

Ramble Vision Mountain Climber Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    No
    that's a formidable looking hunk of rock there.

kayak likes this.
  5. kayak

kayak Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Would be so much easier to climb the steps if you could go at your own speed but it's so busy there you get held up by the slow ones.