• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Sigma 150-600mm Sport Settings

Hi Guys

Just bought the Sigma 150-600mm Sport mainly for birding and fast jets, I have the docking port for it which i had a quick look at last night but didn't want to mess things up so quickly put it back in the box lol so can anyone suggest some general custom settings for birding/fast jets

rebel06

Looking for a cause.
For Jets I tend to go for Tv at 1/1000sec dropping to 1/250 for prop planes.... I also find I am rarely above 300mm (on my Sigma 150-600 C).
For Birding looks like you nailed it on your Kingfisher shot @ 1/1250s and f5.6 and iso 400.

Paul

Jason

Always on
Premium Member
I’ve got the ‘C’ version of the lens, Nikon fit, and the dock. When I first got it, I used the dock to update the lens and then set a couple of custom settings to the switch on the lens. One that was supposed to improve af speed (at the expense of accuracy) and another to, well I forget tbh. I used both custom settings for a day or two, saw no difference and so just used the lens as it was out of the box. To me, it does fine for aircraft with settings as Paul has given above in AF-C mode on my Nikon D750.

Phill104

Always on
Premium Member
I know some change the focus limiter ranges to more suit their needs. For instance, if nothing is likely to come closer than 12m then you can have a range of 12m-infinity

AlfandBen

Always on
I have the C version and the only change I've made so far is to set the image stabilisation to Dynamic mode. It just seems the give a more noticeable effect in the view finder.