1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Smooth, clean images

Discussion in 'Photoshop & Editing Chat Forum' started by Evertking, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Evertking

Evertking Active Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    What is the secret to getting those glossy, smooth, clean images?? I really don't know how to put it into words. I know low iso helps but is there a trick in Photoshop??
    Greg Benz is a good example.

2. JAH-WAR

JAH-WAR Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Why don’t you look at some of his tutorials on YouTube. You might find the answers you seek, he has loads of stuff on there.

Evertking likes this.
  3. Evertking

Evertking Active Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thanks I try and have watched till my eyes have crossed but I will keep at it.

4. Ramble Vision

Ramble Vision Mountain Climber Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    No
    its a combination of a few things. focus is the obvious start. little to no noise is also important so getting good exposure is important.

then in post then its a matter of getting your tones nice and balanced, use dodging and burning to make the most of the light. this gives the shine. set levels or curves to get some contrast and again accentuate the light and shine more. re-size then sharpen the image gives it that final crisp clear look.

so yes its not one thing really you have to capture a quality image then use the right tools in post production to add the polish. each of those steps I mentioned is a whole topic in itself though. So it will take time and practice. to get your self going in post production. look into levels and curves adjustments. then dodging and burning. these two things really help you get the most out of an image.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    Evertking likes this.
  5. Snips

Snips Always on

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Ditto to above

Check out this thread and especially post #40 but many of the other posts have great information too. Eunice's post was the first major turning point for me. I have had many tips and tricks given to me over the years but this was the biggest leap in my learning curve.

Evertking likes this.
  6. Evertking

Evertking Active Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thank you so much.

Snips likes this.
  7. Evertking

Evertking Active Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    That seems like a read good conversation!

Snips likes this.
  8. Snips

Snips Always on

Edit my images ?:
    No
    I was lucky - a) the forum was much more chatty back then and b) there were two of us who were really eager and our questions and comments kept being answered but in fairness to us, we did engage fully in the conversation. Both of us now photograph for our income but do cover very different areas of photography.

We were also blessed with many excellent photographers who wanted to try and help out. We were also lucky (if that's the right word as it was hard work learning and we did really try to improve) but as we improved and it also encouraged people to continue to join in and try and help us on our journey.

Evertking likes this.
  9. Evertking

Evertking Active Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    That is awesome. I dream about making money doing something I love. I have a strong desire to learn so maybe I will benefit from hanging out here.