1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Some photos came out blank, some didnt!

Discussion in 'Film and Vintage Forum' started by quinn, Jan 10, 2018.

1. quinn

quinn New Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hi, so I am new to film photography and recently got a new camera, a Pentax mz-5n and got some Fujicolor c200 developed and a lot of the pictures came out very dark or almost blank? But some came out very bright so I am sure I made a mistake when shooting in less well lit areas. Just wondering if anybody had an idea what I did wrong, and how I could prevent it in the future.

Thanks in advance!!

Also this is my first post so apologies if I did anything out of order.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2018
  2. MikeB

MikeB Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    My guess is that your metering is hit or miss so some of the exposures are incorrect. While you may be new to film photography, your camera is about 20 years old. Consider having the camera serviced.

3. gaelldew

gaelldew Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hi Quinn, why not go to this thread and introduce yourself, check out the posts at the top.

Who Are You ??

4. quinn

quinn New Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    This makes sense! I picked up the camera super cheap second hand, so I think I might try and invest in something more reliable.

Thanks so much!

5. john.margetts.ph

john.margetts.ph Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I have three questions.

1) have you visited Butkus's web site for a manual?

2) which mode were you shooting in? (It is best to test the camera - at least the first half-dozen shots - on auto)

3) did you alter ISO mid-roll? (You must never do this)

The camera is only 20 years old and should still be in fine fettle. I would suspect user error as a first thought.

6. quinn

quinn New Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thank you for replying!

I actually have the physical manual, and will be sure study in more detail now.

I did not have the camera on auto mode, but will shoot another role on auto to get some better results.

I definitely didn't change the ISO.

Thanks again for your help.