• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Sony RX 100 VA

Pitter

Always on
Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
No
I purchased this about a month ago and so far am quite pleased. There are various iterations of the RX 100 currently on sale. I chose the VA because it is the most recent version that uses a 1.8 lens. Later versions use a 2.8. However later versions also have a single motion pop up viewfinder. The VA requires two actions, first you pop it up then you slide back a component with thumb and forefinger. A bit finnicky but I'm getting used to it. A viewfinder is obligatory for me as in broad daylight I just don't see the screens well. I purchased this as a carry around pocket camera to take with me when I'm out photographing birds with a much bigger Canon rig as I often run into an insect, flower or landscape that's impractical to photograph with a 400mm lens. I find the Sony heavier than I expected so a sturdy pocket is in order. The lens is a delight. It is very sharp and combined with the camera's 20mp allows for some serious cropping to produce usable macro shots. I have experimented with some high ISO shots and I think this camera performs better in that aspect than the Sony a6000 I've been using for the last five years or so. It's pricey but so far I think it's worth it.