1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

sony slt alpha 55 battery

Discussion in 'Photography Chat Forum' started by rclean, Dec 25, 2010.

1. rclean

rclean Active Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    Wondering if anyone has had any joy in replacement batteries.
    I think its a good possibility I will need to get atleast 2 spares for a good days photography to be sure.
    i would be sure to take 1000 shots per rally motorsports.
    are there any 3rd party batteries worth using available in the uk.
    The us one zeikos np-fw50 are not over here but are tidy according to usa users.
    perhaps theres someone here who's found a good supplier.
    thanks

2. chaz

chaz Old Hand Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
  3. tphilly

tphilly Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
  4. rclean

rclean Active Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    thank you for all the info.
    I have contacted a person who has purchased a battery from Ebay, the reply was, "tried battery seems to work as good as original so far needs a few more cycle to be sure but so far so good".
    The price is 15.99 gb pounds.
    I will re-post a reply asap.
    The ebay listing battery states high mah li-ion will need to make sure it can be safely charged in sony charger!

5. carlb40

carlb40 Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes
    The Mah rating will just mean it will last longer between charges, its the voltage difference on batteries that would require different chargers.
    So you will be fine to use your sony charger, as the battery is designed for your camera :)

6. rclean

rclean Active Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes