• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Spider ID?

hooferinsane

EXIF Seeker
Super Moderator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
This was only taken on my iPhone, I was repairing some brickwork on a small wall that separates a lower and upper level in my garden. When I took out a couple of broken bricks, out popped this fellow. I had the phone in my back pocket, and he was gone in 30 seconds, so no chance to get the macro lens out. Is this a Woodlouse spider (Dysdera crocata )? Looking online it would appear that they are actually a UK venomous spider to humans, but the venom is only going to affect people if they have anaphylactic shock, otherwise it's not significant. I also read that they can vary in colour, in which case I have seen loads in my garden. Apparently if the id is correct, they are more prevalent in the south of the UK.

spider.jpg

Mj224

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Not an expert, but looks like a Woodlice Spider. They feed on the lice.

Z2247155-Edit-Edit (Large).jpg

I got one too last night....(flickr)

Last edited:

RyanB

Eye of the Tiger
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I would say wood louse spider as well, plus it has a wood louse right next to it for snacking purposes...

hooferinsane

EXIF Seeker
Super Moderator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)

RyanB

Eye of the Tiger
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I won't find one again for dust
Could be a blessing as they have a bite powerful enough to penetrate a wood louse shell, human skin would be no obstacle... :swoon:
Really like most spiders, they are a little bit chicken when confronted with people.