1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Spring is here?

Discussion in 'Non Photography Chat Forum' started by Pteranadon, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Pteranadon

Pteranadon Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Yesturday-
    snow cover..everywhere except roads.
    This morning-
    Fog and could not see much.
    Rain most of the day. +15C
    Way home...everywhere I look is brown and fields are now lakes and creeks are now rivers. Roads are rivers.
    Saying we may have historic flooding.

Thought about going out of town Sunday- you know....to see the 1.3 million snow geese.
    They are saying the interstate may be closed and flooded over at that time.

6 hours west of me-

Blizzard with 10-18 inches of snow and wind gusts up to 89 mph.
    Yes, 89mph.

How's your spring coming?

2. Jason

Jason Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    It's raining here. Saying that, it rains in Summer, Autumn and Winter as well - our seasons in this little county seem to blend into one drizzly, grey blob. I need a lottery win...

Pteranadon likes this.
  3. SeanNeedham

SeanNeedham Ol' Sparky Honorary Life Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    It smells wrong... It's been quite wet this year compared to normal, but at the same time it's a lot hotter (up in to the mid 20ºC during the day) so there's a lot of new growth happening and at the same time it's drying out really quickly. The air has that dry smell to it which puts people on edge as this area is long overdue for a fire outbreak, and if it stays dry like this then there's going to be plenty of material to go up when it really does start warming up.

4. Snips

Snips Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    We've been away for a few days. Before leaving our snowdrops had finished, the daffodils are beginning to come out and there's some green in the hedges.

We went up north. Found some fresh snowdrops, no daffodils and a hedge or two with some green.

Five days later we return south where it's been raining - no rain up north. No change. Daffodils nearly finished coming out, snowdrops finished, hedges no greener.

5. Pteranadon

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Flood waters here have not reached their peak and towns and small cities around me are getting cut off.
    Interstates being flooded...
    People where I work are stuck...at home.
    Levies failing and or going over.
    Military vehicles including black helicopters helping stranded people.
    You would not know it where I am...nice sunny day.
    I am no where near the rivers.

6. Phill104

Phill104 Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Still blowing a gale here. Isn’t get up really early and head down to Portland Bill. Never photoghed it before, only sailed past in the distance. Reckon it might look good in stormy weather. Will mean a 3am start.

7. hooferinsane

hooferinsane EXIF Seeker Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Well this morning we have a sunny spring like day. Flowers are showing in the garden.
    Just actually going to start seeds off in the greenhouse today. Biggest challenge will be some tropical Passion flowers this year. Having to propogate those on a heat mat though.

8. Pteranadon

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Another update..
    Locally we get small flooding every spring so the people are pretty smart/compliant to what needs to be done-well for the most part.
    Well, we've had 290 people rescued and have had 3 people deceased due to last weeks start of the flood.

Everything is brown, ground is on it's first week of thawing- as remnants of snow are in the shadows.
    Went out scouting. First of migrations have started. Lakes are most frozen over still- seeing snow geese, and a few gulls as well as trumpeter swans. The muskrats are coming out. A few eagles that are following the snow geese.
    Can't reach them, yet. Geese are Landing near and on private farmlands near lakes.
    Reserves are closed due to flooding- wondering how good it's there that I am missing.
    Of course Canada geese and some ducks are close.
    Deer are stir crazy- the flooding have put them in a situation where they congregate heavily.

No flowers, no budding trees...yet. brown, brown and brown.