• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Stob Dearg, Glencoe

H1ghlander

Always on
I've re done a picture from a while ago after a request from a publisher. Wasn't happy with the original edit but quite pleased with the new edit so now happy to send it on.
Not taken a picture for months what with a lack of interest and a big project on the go, namely building a house which hasn't even started construction yet.

Stob Dearg.JPG

H1ghlander

Always on
And this which was taken at the same time, same place with the 70-200. My usual approach if set up with one body, one wide angle lens on a tripod is to have another body within reach with 70-200mm to take advantage of any nice light in the distance. It can be a bit of a panic doing two shots at once when the light does eventually land but worth the hassle and extra baggage.
Not much of a shot but did like the gorgeous light hitting the side of Criese.

Criese.JPG

David_MC

Always on
Stunning shots with beautiful light. The shutter speed was perfect in the first but I also enjoy the 2nd as I am a sucker for telephoto landscapes.

Pete Larkin

Always on
Premium Member
Great shots. I really like the water movement in #1, caused by the dinosaur lifting its head out of the river. Light in #2 is sublime.

Banjo Ryan

Always on
Excellent shots Scott. The first one has real impact, and the second is just my type of telephoto shot. Really like the bold pp on these, suits them well.

H1ghlander

Always on
Cheers folks, I'm quite fond of this picture so glad you like it.
Great shots. I really like the water movement in #1, caused by the dinosaur lifting its head out of the river. Light in #2 is sublime.
Got to admit Pete, I'm not seeing it but was never any good at seeing things others could like cats in the sky or rabbits in the shadows. A lack of imagination on my part.

Number 1 is great, getting wet just looking at it ... do/did you use filters on this?

Paul
It was a long time ago so can't recall exactly but looking at the picture a polariser to cut through the bright reflections from above where the water drops off the rock and there would have been grads involved somewhere up top.
Unlikely to have used a ND filter, exposure is only 1/10th second.

Banjo Ryan

Always on
I saw this on the front cover of Outdoor Photography yesterday, well done Scott. First thing I saw was the dinasour, and I thought 'I know that image' :)