1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Sunset at Lac de Vallon,

Discussion in 'Landscape Photography Forum' started by SFTphotography, Oct 9, 2017.

1. SFTphotography

SFTphotography Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I discovered this lovely lake in the Haute-Savoie region of France. Last month I did a 25 day tour of Europe (far more exciting than just staying here) and found myself here on day one. The plan was to go to Chamonix Mont Blanc the next day but the weather broke down so I ended up in Italy. After an 1100 mile down from home I was pleased the forecast played out, lovely still waters (bar a tiny ripple you cannot really see in this but it annoys me so I came back a week later) and great light.

[​IMG]_DSC1476 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Typical as just after this when it was completely flat in the distance a bloody dog walker showed up and the thing jumped in the lake. Took about ten mintutes for it to go flat again but mercifully it did in time for sunset.

It's not a secret I hate dogs. I hate a lot of things actually but not France. I love France.

[​IMG]_DSC1492_Rendition 2 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    David_H likes this.
  2. Ramble Vision

Ramble Vision Mountain Climber Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    nice, I like the 2nd with those orangey tones

SFTphotography likes this.
  3. Minor Problem

Minor Problem Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Loving these two Stephen.

4. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    These are both great. I prefer the colours of the second.

5. Banjo Ryan

Banjo Ryan Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Very nice images there Stephen. I'm sorry I don't often comment on your images, as I tend to prefer dark and moody images, but what you do is great and you have a very strong style, and you stand out as a photographer.

Although these photographs are taken in another country, I would be able to tell straight away that they're yours. So just a quick nod to say keep up the great work, even if reflections with calm and still conditions aren't everyones first choice for a cup of tea.

6. David_MC

David_MC Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Beautiful shots, I love the light on the mountain in number 2. I like the reflection in both images.

A little off topic but I got a little chuckle out of "....the weather broke down so I ended up in Italy." That is something as an American that I can't quite get used to about Europe is just being able to go to another country so easily.

7. petelarkin

petelarkin Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Beautifully captured - the second has better light and reflections.
    Does the first have a slight green cast to it?

8. SFTphotography

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I wouldn’t think so, it’s the slight green hue of the water.

9. cbarnard7

cbarnard7 Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Very nice. I prefer the second one with the subtle colors in the clouds.

10. Jason

Jason Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Two very nice images Stephen with your style written all over them. I think the second one pips it for the colour on the mountain and the sky textures. Both lovely though. I'm going to have to try taking pictures when it's not chucking it down if this is what you can get...:D

11. SFTphotography

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I've never cared for the wind, cold and rain it has to be said.

Jason likes this.