1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

SVR Step Back To The 1940's

Discussion in 'Useful Locations & Dates & Places For Your Diary F' started by rob.tolley77, Jun 24, 2018.

1. rob.tolley77

rob.tolley77 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Next weekend (30th June and 1st July) see's the first of two consecutive weekends at the Severn Valley Railway celebrating the 1940's with their "Step Back To The 1940's" weekend. My ticket is booked for open travel upon the train from both days as well as the Big Band Show on the Saturday evening featuring the Worcestershire Jazz Orchestra and Britain's Got Talent finalists, the D Day Darlings.

There's lots of other displays and demonstrations taking place up and down the Severn Valley Railway at each station all the way up to Bridgnorth where the Severn Valley Historic Railway ends.

The Step Back To The 1940's is one of the Severn Valley Railways most popular weekends, so if you want to attend, click here for tickets and info. And don't forget to dress up!

Mike Singh likes this.
  2. Jason

Jason Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    It’s a really good, fun event. I’ve not been for a couple of years but I might get there on the second weekend, (working next weekend. :( )

The BBMF are attending, weather permitting, on each of the four days and sending one of each type of aircraft they fly over the course of event, so Spitfire, Hurricane, Lancaster and Dakota.

3. Mike Singh

Mike Singh Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I took my daughter on the Christmas train to see Santa last Christmas. Whilst waiting in the queue to see Santa the band Lady asked her what song you want to hear. In her toddler voice she said “Jingle Bells!” The lady said “yes we get a lot of that this time off year!”

We had great time but it was to crowded to get good photos.

Good luck!

4. rob.tolley77

rob.tolley77 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Very much looking forward to this weekend, especially the chance to see The D Day Darlings perform. Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to cover everything up and down the Severn Valley route but hopefully I'll be able to put together enough images to create a couple of photo books.

Also feeling little nervous about using my Pentax ME Super properly for the first time, hence why I've considered taking my Canon 10D instead, but I'm not going to be able to build my confidence if I don' t get out and use it. Only going to take a couple of lenses with me due to the current temperatures and needing some semblance of mobility across both days.

And yes I will be dressing in some sort of period threads lol.

5. Jason

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    If the aircraft are of interest, timings are (give or take a few minutes):

Sat 1545, Lancaster
    Sun 1450, Hurricane

6. rebel06

rebel06 Without a cause Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    will they use Cosford or Shawbury any idea.

7. Jason

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Departing Liverpool airport as displaying at Llandudno AFD at lunchtime. Lanc is doing flypast at Cosford before or after SVR.

Edit: 1535 @ Cosford

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    rebel06 likes this.
  8. rebel06

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thanks Jason ... just put frequencies into scanner so hope to hear something.

9. rebel06

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Lancaster grounded at Liverpool ... fly past cancelled