• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Tern Dance *More added*

Phill104

Always on
Premium Member
Cool shots and very different to the shots I get to take here in Hertfordshire. We only get a few and they tend to stay over water. Looks like you are making the most of the fantastic Farne islands. Did you get any puffin?

-Oy-

Cool shots and very different to the shots I get to take here in Hertfordshire. We only get a few and they tend to stay over water. Looks like you are making the most of the fantastic Farne islands. Did you get any puffin?
Thanks.

These were taken quite a few years ago - I haven't been back to The Farnes in a while. I need to.

Yes - lots of Puffins :)

iknowgungfu

Always on
Premium Member
I really like these. The first and last ones in particular. Most have been hard to get the exposure right in these ones.

-Oy-

I really like these. The first and last ones in particular. Most have been hard to get the exposure right in these ones.
The tern nests are right at the side of the wooden walkway across the island - and they take off with a loud clicking sound as you approach. Then they attack - pecking you on the head (wear a strong hat) and back off to have a look. I walk towards them - camera ready and pre-focused at about 3m - then wait for the peck and look up and CLICK! A bit of fill-flash helps with the exposure.

iknowgungfu

Always on
Premium Member
Braver person than I! Must e an interesting take off how you find this method out! Can't imagine any photography friends fancy going on an African safari tour with you! It explain how you got this unique angle from though.