• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Full Critique Tha Land Girl

Mike Singh

Always on
Premium Member
My neighbour is very passionate about her allotment and vintage clothen. She was dressed as a Land Girl last weekend. She kindly allowed me to take her photo. Here is more information about the Land Girls.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women's_Land_Army

I processed them to have a vintage look about them. I would appreciate your CCs.

1. Vintage Colour
Land Girl Vintage PF.jpg

2. Vintage BW
Land Girl Vintage BW PF.jpg

Ozzie_Traveller

Old Hand
Premium Member
G'day Mike

A lovely photo of a beautiful woman - you both can be pleased with the result

You ask for cc ...
I like the slight sharpness vignette in the colour image ~ you have missed it in the mono image, but for me the colour image is stronger. It is the image I would have on the wall at home if I was the Land Girl

Hope this helps
Phil

Hatter

Always on
Premium Member
I like both, but I agree with Phil that the colour image is the stronger of the two.
The border on the colour image isn't really needed - and it's obscured your signature.

Footski

Here a lot
I agree with the others. The colour one has real appeal and is a very good shot. For me the black and white image is too grey...
I would also remove the border in the colour shot.

rebel06

Looking for a cause.
Colour one for me also, it's a great shot ... and yes lose the border.

Paul

Mike Singh

Always on
Premium Member
I like both, but I agree with Phil that the colour image is the stronger of the two.
The border on the colour image isn't really needed - and it's obscured your signature.
I agree with the others. The colour one has real appeal and is a very good shot. For me the black and white image is too grey...
I would also remove the border in the colour shot.
Colour one for me also, it's a great shot ... and yes lose the border.

Paul
Thanks for your feedback. I have tidied up the colour version as per your suggestions.

Land Girl Vintage 2 PF.jpg