1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Competition Entry The annual Bluebell Challenge for 2019

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Competitions Forum' started by hooferinsane, Apr 5, 2019.

1. hooferinsane

hooferinsane EXIF Seeker Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    It’s Bluebell time, and the annual Bluebell competition is once again here :) It is time to get out and find those Bluebells, and post your entries into this thread.

Again this year in order to allow the American and Canadian members of the forum to participate in the Bluebell Challenge as their bluebell season is generally later than in the UK, photo entries of bluebells for USA/Canada will be allowed from June 18th 2018 to June 16th 2019. EXIF will still be required in the photos to verify this when you post.

It may be prudent to add USA/ Canadian entry when you do post

RULES OF THE BLUEBELL CHALLENGE

1. Read the rules
    2. Pictures must be of Bluebells taken this year for UK members, and for USA/Canadian members images taken between 18th June 2018 to 16th June 2019 (EXIF required for both)
    3. The competition is open to all forum members
    4. The competition closes midnight Sunday 16th June 2019
    5. Please upload the image directly to the forum and please do not link from a hosting site. Linked images will be removed
    6. Pictures are allowed to be taken anywhere - in situ again not required this year
    7. Maximum entries per member three images
    8. Images must be unique to the competition, and not have been posted elsewhere on the forum

Post your pictures here below, and when the competition finish date arrives, there will be a poll for members to vote for their favourites.

Good luck to all, let’s see those Bluebells!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    Mike Singh, Hatter and Roger S like this.
  2. Phill104

Phill104 Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Saw my first of the year here in Hertfordshire, UK five days ago. A little earlier than usual for these particular woods.

hooferinsane likes this.
  3. hooferinsane

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I have one forming the flower in my garden now........

Phill104 likes this.
  4. Phill104

Phill104 Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I'll kick this off with a very early almost out bluebell taken in Ashridge near Ivinghoe Beacon. For those that know the area, Dockey woods is the very popular spot. Last few years access has gradually become more restricted with more and more fixed paths being installed with the usual mounds of twigs barriers being put in place. To some extent this has taken away the photographic attraction as well as reduced the number of bluebells quite a bit. Fortunatel there are plenty of other excellent bits of woods for bluebells such as where I took this just 500 yards away.

Taken as some mist was rolling through hence the smoke effect, the warm afternoon sun provided the lighting.

IMG_6007.jpg

Mike Singh, Roger S and hooferinsane like this.
  5. hooferinsane

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Anyone any bluebells?
    Mine are starting to bloom in my garden now, although this year the numbers of them seems greatly reduced

6. RyanB

RyanB Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Found some on my trip to the botanical gardens the other day but none of mine at home have come out this year, or the previous for that matter.
    IMG_9833v4.jpg

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019 at 11:05 PM
  7. kayak

kayak Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Saw a few in the woods today but hardly worth taking a shot of. They looked a bit sad, bells closed, looking down at their own roots.

8. hooferinsane

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  9. hooferinsane

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)