• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

The Day the Giants came to town

Centurion

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Hi all,

Flashback to the day the giants came to Perth Western Australia.

Regards

Barry HDressing.jpg

RyanB

Eye of the Tiger
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Wow and there I was thinking normal sized marionette dolls were creepy... :)
Well captured, I like the inclusion of some of the many people it must take to operate such a creation as they really highlight the scale.

gaelldew

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Didnt know they went all round the world, seen them in Liverpool.

Ozzie_Traveller

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
G'day mate

Not seen anything like this before - it seems to be a huge task to make them 'walk and talk'

Phil

Centurion

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Hi Phil,

The theme of it went something like this, the lady giant spends most of the day criss crossing the city looking for her lost companion giant who is dressed in a deep sea diving outfit, and who is looking for her in a different part of the city.

They almost meet on several occasions as the move around the city.

They finally meet in a park they are then placed onto a barge and were last seen floating down the Swan river towards the ocean.

it was a fantastic day, well thought out and well executed, the crowds were enormous, made it difficult to get goods shots of it, but well worth it.

The crew were all French, several hundred of them, their uniforms just added to the day.

Regards

Barry H