• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

The Ordesa Valley

SFTphotography

Old Hand
Here are two from the Ordesa Valley. For those interested you get to here from the Pareda de Ordesa in the national park and walk up the Faja de Pelay. It's a steep and boring walk through woodland but once you are through the trees and up you get a great view. This is the largest limestone massif in Europe. Behind this lurks the Cirque de Gavarnie in France

_DSC4261 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

_DSC4316 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Here are the two best from here

Ozzie_Traveller

Old Hand
Premium Member
G'day Stephen

Agreed - two massif & massive landscapes to catch the eye. It's hard to get a handle on how large from such a distance, but #1 certainly seems huge ... is it a rock climber's target? and in #2, I do like the sunbeams struggling thru the clouds

Phil

SFTphotography

Old Hand
G'day Stephen

Agreed - two massif & massive landscapes to catch the eye. It's hard to get a handle on how large from such a distance, but #1 certainly seems huge ... is it a rock climber's target? and in #2, I do like the sunbeams struggling thru the clouds

Phil
It’s a massive place. Far grander and more majestic than anything on this god forsaken little island. I miss Aragon terribly. Ten more months until I’m back :)

Jason

Always on
Premium Member
Crikey, what an amazing looking place. I need to sell up and move to Europe. Two superb shots Steve. :)

SFTphotography

Old Hand
Crikey, what an amazing looking place. I need to sell up and move to Europe. Two superb shots Steve. :)
When I die and get to meet god I’m going to ask him why he saw fit to give the Spanish that place and land us with this dump.

The Pyrenees are a place that stirs the soul like no other. You should go, couple of days drive and you’re there.

Jason

Always on
Premium Member
When I die and get to meet god I’m going to ask him why he saw fit to give the Spanish that place and land us with this dump.
Lol. :)

Must admit, if I’d had the good sense to have learnt to speak German when I was younger, like a school mate of mine did, I’d have been long gone. I’ve driven around Bavaria thinking how lucky some people are. I almost had to be thrown on the ‘plane back home.

SFTphotography

Old Hand

Must admit, if I’d had the good sense to have learnt to speak German when I was younger, like a school mate of mine did, I’d have been long gone. I’ve driven around Bavaria thinking how lucky some people are. I almost had to be thrown on the ‘plane back home.
There is a few Bavarian lakes that are on my bucket list - never managed to get them done - always seems wet when I check the forecasts when I’m over.

Germany is good to drive in though - you can’t do this back in Blighted. IMG_2157.jpg

SFTphotography

Old Hand

There is a few Bavarian lakes that are on my bucket list - never managed to get them done - always seems wet when I check the forecasts when I’m over.

Germany is good to drive in though - you can’t do this back in Blighted. View attachment 299028

In all seriousness I wish I learned French or Spanish as I go to the Pyrenees a lot. I found in Germany English was spoken very proficiently.