• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

The Photography Forum Awards 2020 - FINAL ROUND VOTING IS STILL OPEN

hooferinsane

EXIF Seeker
Super Moderator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
It is almost time again for the Photography Forum Awards, and the entry threads for 2020 will be appearing next week in early January. It is again self nomination, and you are able to enter three photos into each category. The list of categories can be seen below, and these will become hyperlinks as the entry threads become visible on the forum, but they will all appear in the Photography Awards Forum
There will be rules in the first post of each thread, but please bear in mind:

To enter images you select up to a MAXIMUM OF THREE of YOUR OWN images that were POSTED DURING 2020 between Jan 1st 2020 to Dec 31st 2020 inclusive and submit them as entries to be voted on in the next round.
The image can be selected from all sections, eg the Weekly Challenge, etc as long as it qualifies for the section entered. (Portrait for example is for humans. Animal head shots go in animal section).

Note that an image can be submitted to only ONE SECTION so for example a mono of a nude in the mountains can be entered as a nude OR mono OR landscape.

ATTACH your entries for the section in the specific thread only, INCLUDING a link to the thread it was first POSTED DURING 2020

Images without the supporting thread link will be excluded from the next voting round as it is extremely difficult to find a particular image of someone else's from a year's worth of posts.

Please also remember NO LINKED IMAGES as these will also be excluded from entering the next round

One post per entry is recommended, up to your maximum of THREE entries, to make things simple.

If you are still confused how to enter, look at one of last year's entry threads as an example HERE

Categories:
All The Rest Image Of The Year 2020
Wildlife(Plants, Animals & Insects)Image Of The Year 2020
Sports & Action Image Of The Year 2020
Portrait/Studio Image Of The Year 2020
Transportation Image Of The Year 2020
Mono Image Of The Year 2020
City/Street Image Of The Year 2020
Macro Image Of The Year 2020
Wedding Image Of The Year 2020
Fine Art/Glamour Image Of The Year 2020
Landscape Image Of The Year 2020
Nominations for Most Improved Member Of The Year 2020
Nominations for Most Helpful Member Of The Year 2020

And just to be clear about linked images: NO LINKED IMAGES

Last edited:

hooferinsane

EXIF Seeker
Super Moderator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Just to add if anyone has any questions, please feel free to post them into this thread.

hooferinsane

EXIF Seeker
Super Moderator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
All the threads are still open to enter, follow the links above in post #1 or just take a look in the Photography Awards Forum. All forum members are eligible to enter.

hooferinsane

EXIF Seeker
Super Moderator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
All of the entry threads close tomorrow around 8.00pm UK time. Please check individual threads in post #1 of each thread for the exact closing time

hooferinsane

EXIF Seeker
Super Moderator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Last few hours to get your entries in

hooferinsane

EXIF Seeker
Super Moderator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
75 minutes to get an entry in this years photography awards

hooferinsane

EXIF Seeker
Super Moderator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Well the entry threads are now all closed, thanks to all that took the time to enter in what are difficult times. The voting threads will appear over the next week. There is one category (Fine art/glamour) that did not receive any entries this year, so this will not appear in any voting.
Three other categories attracted three or less entries, so these will not appear in the first round voting as only three go through to round two.

Last edited:

Southern Gent

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
@hooferinsane per your comment in the landscape thread, please move the image to the thread you feel appropriate.

Snips

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
2020 was a very different year - one where the government took over our lives. I imagine that the last time this happened was shortly after WW2 with rationing and the terrible times shortly after that war, not just in the Britain but all over the world.

I'm feeling a tad guilty that in the 8 years I've been involved with the forum that I've not entered these annual awards but 2020 was a year that changed my life too - not for the worse, mainly for the better, but just changed it and one of the fall outs was my photography.

Thank you Brian for your continued encouragement - definitely not an easy time when so few members (including me) are not showing much enthusiasm for photography. I'm in another organisation where lack of membership involvement is very testing and detrimental to what we are trying to achieve. Good for you for ignoring the recent life changing events and trying to continue on as normal. Let's just hope that 2021 sets us back on the normal living conditions and that our cameras will be clicking away too.

Please, anyone who reads this thread, please make the effort to give your vote to every category to give those who entered their images a valued reward for winning or being runners up. There are some excellent photographs entered and they deserve as many votes as possible to show their true worth.

hooferinsane

EXIF Seeker
Super Moderator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
First round voting is now active. You will see that Fine Art/Glamour is missing as it did not attract any entries. Also missing is Most improved member, Sports, City/Street, and Wedding as these attracted three or less entries so automatically go through to the second round of voting.

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO VOTE!

hooferinsane

EXIF Seeker
Super Moderator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
First round voting is still open, please take the the time to vote. You can find links to all the voting threads here

hooferinsane

EXIF Seeker
Super Moderator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Just over two days left for first round voting. All forum members are eligible to vote.

RyanB

Eye of the Tiger
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Just one day left for first round voting. All forum members are eligible to vote.

hooferinsane

EXIF Seeker
Super Moderator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
This is your last chance to vote in the first round voting, all forum members are eligible to vote. The voting threads are staggered to close around 23.00pm UK time tonight. Please check post #1 in individual voting threads for actual closing time of each thread.
Please take the time to cast a vote, it only takes a mouse click!
Look in the photography-forum awards forum for the voting threads, also a link to individual voting threads is in this thread here

rebel06

Taking it easy.
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Have voted in all the threads and encourage anyone who hasn't yet to do so, lets keep our forum going strong :first::second::third::fourth::wave:

RyanB

Eye of the Tiger
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
BUMP
Not long left to get your votes in if you haven't already!

hooferinsane

EXIF Seeker
Super Moderator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Round one voting has now closed, round two voting will appear in the next few days. Thanks to all those that took the time to vote.

hooferinsane

EXIF Seeker
Super Moderator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Final round voting is now active. In some of the threads where there are more than three choices, it is because there were ties in the first round. Fine Art/Glamour as previously advised, there isn't a voting thread for as there were no entries.

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO VOTE!!!

hooferinsane

EXIF Seeker
Super Moderator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Final round voting is still open for voting. Go to the photography-forum awards forum to vote. All forum members are eligible to cast votes, please take a few minutes to do so.

Last edited:

hooferinsane

EXIF Seeker
Super Moderator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)