1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

The Thames at Dawn - using capture one pro fujifilm

Discussion in 'City/Street/Architecture' started by hooferinsane, Mar 10, 2019.

1. hooferinsane

hooferinsane EXIF Seeker Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    An old image - subscribed to the capture one pro fujifilm offer of £8.00 a month which is meant to handle fuji RAF files better, ie get more detail. An old image but the first processed in Capture One pro fujifilm (no nik either), compared to the last time I processed it using LR, PS +Nik(second image). I think capture one pro definitely is pulling out more detail myself. Thoughts?
    Only the first real go at the software today, interface is so different to LR/PS.
    Drawbacks so far, no dehaze slider, would need PS still for content aware/ superior clone tool. You can export to PS though, and it imports it back to capture one once saved in PS

DSCF5781_2.jpg

BRIDGE.jpg

2. oldgeezer

oldgeezer Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    To be honest Brian, it think its more to do with your hand on the tiller than the software.

The de-haze filter is already in Photoshop using the tools that have been there for years, they just put it all in one slider.
    I think comparing the 2 photos isn't a fair comparison, its what you do with the software and Photoshop will give all that detail without over sharpening if you know where to look.
    It maybe Capture one is great but you can do all that in Photoshop and save £8 a month.

JAH-WAR likes this.
  3. hooferinsane

hooferinsane EXIF Seeker Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Valid points Pete. Can't remember what I did when I processed the original, but think the Capture one has got some better detail in the shadows - on the bottom right hand side bank area, can see the algae covered stanchions supporting the bank now. Perhaps I may have got that in PS if I had tried though. Might be the wrong image to try a comparison though. The big gripe of most fuji shooters that I see is that in shots involving foliage, lightroom displays what are worming effects in the RAF (fuji raw), whereas Capture One doesn't have that problem. Early days with this, but at £8.00 a month it's just the price of a bottle of wine - I actually gave up alcohol 6 months ago, so this a better thing to spend it on. Probably need to get some fresh photos to try the software on, but there again I need to get out with the cam a bit more. Won't be giving up LR/PS yet though :)

4. oldgeezer

oldgeezer Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Just been reading up on this. I understand why you got C1. I hope it does the job.

hooferinsane likes this.