• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

This is the Sky Replacement Feature Coming to Photoshop

SFTphotography

Always on
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Whilst handy I just don't know if I can bring myself to do it.

oldgeezer

Always on
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
A.I. has taken the fun and skill out of the hands of the photographer.
They will be putting Instagram Filters in the menus soon.

rebel06

Taking it easy.
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Anything that makes the post processing easier is ok in my book ...

Mike Singh

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Have a look at this.

It’s very impressive but expensive! I guess if you are a professional retoucher and doing commercial work it would be just what you would need. I do enjoy the step by step creation process in PS though.

Mike Singh

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I find sky replacement difficult especially to put in a new sky taken at a different time. I can never get the selection or mask right. Then there’s balancing the:light, contrast and colours.

oldgeezer

Always on
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
It’s very impressive but expensive! I guess if you are a professional retoucher and doing commercial work it would be just what you would need. I do enjoy the step by step creation process in PS though.
I enjoy the Photoshop part more than the shutter clicking most of the time.
Weddings and functions I like the photography and studio lighting is my favourite of all but I lose too many hours in front of a monitor just trying out a technique I've seen.
I hardly use Photoshop in my client photography but I will spend hours just playing and learning new stuff for my own enjoyment.

SFTphotography

Always on
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I enjoy the Photoshop part more than the shutter clicking most of the time.
Weddings and functions I like the photography and studio lighting is my favourite of all but I lose too many hours in front of a monitor just trying out a technique I've seen.
I hardly use Photoshop in my client photography but I will spend hours just playing and learning new stuff for my own enjoyment.
Me I am the opposite- like getting the fundamentals right in camera - with landscapes that is really conditions, composition, focus and exposure.

Editing wise I do it all in levels/curves - it's the proper way of doing it - a universal tool that carries forward in Capture One, Adobe, Any editing suite really has curves.

Southern Gent

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
The AI features Adobe has been building into their newest releases are scary good, but you have to remember they're only as good as the image they have to work with. I routinely change backgrounds and skies, sometimes it's a one layer process and sometimes it takes multiple steps, depending on the image. Like "Content Aware Fill" it depends on the image as to how well it works. As to how much or little I might use Sky Replacement, I'll have to try it and see.

DavidC

Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
I was waiting for Adobe to play catch-up. Skylum for one has included AI Sky Replacement for a while now.

oldgeezer

Always on
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Me I am the opposite- like getting the fundamentals right in camera - with landscapes that is really conditions, composition, focus and exposure.

Editing wise I do it all in levels/curves - it's the proper way of doing it - a universal tool that carries forward in Capture One, Adobe, Any editing suite really has curves.
All the tools for colour, contrast and anything to do with exposure are all variations of CURVES.
No matter what tool you use, CURVES is running in the background as they are all different interfaces using the CURVES algorithm.
As for it being the proper way of doing it, technically they are all using the same tool.

PatriciaWN

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
No
I have been known to cha the odd sky or two. Generally I try to use one from the same day, invariably the sky that has the interesting clouds is opposite to the picture I want. I take the better sky as well, makes life easier too. Less hassle with sun directions but I hate bushes!