1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Just Sharing Three different images of "The Rock"

Discussion in 'Landscape Photography Forum' started by Grumpy John, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Grumpy John

Grumpy John Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Three vastly different images of Uluru (Ayers Rock) taken within 4 days of each other.

#1 This image was taken at around 6 O'Clock in the evening in May 2016. The "Red" centre had been turned green by an unusually wet "dry" season. Not the sort of colours people usually associate with our big red rock.
    The-Day-Before.jpg
    #2 Sunrise the next morning. Four busloads of tourists were so disappointed, even when I tried to tell them that what they were seeing was unique. A bit hard to take if you had flown 12,000 miles to see the typical sunrise.
    Uluru.jpg
    #3 Three days later, back to normal.
    Uluru-Sunset.jpg

Isn't nature wonderful.

kayak and Sand55 like this.
  2. rebel06

rebel06 Without a cause Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Tourists Hey !!! ....
    Our tour guide in the USA told us of a coach load of tourists that all but 3 decided not to get off to see the view of Bryce Canyon as it was raining so hard .... well what they missed was a double rainbow, and they tried to buy the images off those that got to see it.

Paul

Grumpy John likes this.
  3. David_MC

David_MC Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Pays to photograph the same thing during varying conditions. Beautiful scenery.

Grumpy John likes this.
  4. alpethsm

alpethsm Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Lovely colours in the last one. When I went it was just after one of the wettest seasons on record and it looked very similar, I loved the contrast of the red dirt and the vibrant new growth which is visible in the first image.

On the first image there's a pretty heavy halo around the rock. Also out of interest did you visit kata tjuta when you were there too?

5. Grumpy John

Grumpy John Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thanks for the feedback mate, I will revisit the first image and see what I can do about the halo. Yes we went to Kata Tjuta as well, will dig up some images for you.

6. Grumpy John

Grumpy John Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  7. alpethsm

alpethsm Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Yep, that's the ticket. I would be interested to see the kata tjuta ones, personally I found it a significantly more interesting and beautiful environment.

8. Grumpy John

Grumpy John Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Here ya go. Not how it is usually seen.

Kata Tjuta 1.jpg

Kata Tjuta 2.jpg

kayak likes this.
  9. Sundar Amartur

Sundar Amartur Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    These are some great scenes. To me the second one looks somewhat similar to something I saw in Tibet, China (posted earlier). Black granite mountain in the background is a hefty 22000 feet peak, most of it hidden in the clouds.

IMG_5244(2).jpg

Even the first one reminds me of a scene I saw in Tibet (posted earlier).

IMG_5227(2).jpg

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    Grumpy John likes this.
  10. Pete Larkin

Pete Larkin Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Very different views of the rock. Really liking the last one - great mist/valley shot.

11. kayak

kayak Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Nice shots, all of them.

12. Grumpy John

Grumpy John Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)