• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

today's good news! post yours

tenchy

Rain maker
Administrator
thought a thread to post only good news was in order!

I don't have much myself, other than I got tube for for trekking poles from Carl today, many thank, and if weather is kind I got a fun shoot lined up tomorrow.

In other news, not only is it Stevepud's birthday, but he got a job after some time without. :clapping:

Also Stink is doing a gig with none other than major punk bandBad Religion at the O2 Academy Bristol :clapping:

over to you!

Last edited by a moderator:

paulmag

Always on
Honorary Life Member
You are just getting like radar out of mash :)

used to do the announcements over the tannoy

Last edited:

carlb40

Always on
glad it arrived ok, and pretty quick - its normally about 4 days for standard parcels,
got no news of my own to add either

paulmag

Always on
Honorary Life Member
My good news today
got fresh supplies lorne sausage and black pudding nice run up to Berwick and back down the tourist route in Northumberland might even have a piccie

K

Kenny

My good news today...after a major wobble in deciding not to go back to uni, I bit the bullet and re-enrolled, my enrolment was successful and I go back to uni in September.Plus I got news that I had qualified for funding again. Not a lot of funding but enough to pay for my costs to and from uni and maybe some films for printing and the like......behind every cloud and all that :roll:

paulmag

Always on
Honorary Life Member
MY good news today...after a major wobble in deciding not to go back to uni, I bit the bullet and re-enrolled, my enrolment was successful and I go back to uni in September.Plus I got news that I had qualified for funding again. Not a lot of funding but enough to pay for my costs to and from uni and maybe some films for printing and the like......behind every cloud and all that :roll:
Excellent news :)

K

Kenny

Ta Paul...I wasnt going to go back. had made my mind up not to and to pack in but a little trip to Bolton North services last night, a mag lite, piece of string and cam and tripod changed my mind......I might post the attitdude changing image later...its **** but it made me laugh taking it and made me realise I'd miss togging if I gave up.....and even better they are gonna have to put up with me for another year at uni.......poor buggers hahahaha

tenchy

Rain maker
Administrator
good job you never packed in Kenny! I will be bringing Jayne over to spank you! :)

good news tho.

Well done Paul too, home the day or so was as chilled as hoped.

steve b

Always on
My good news today was: the main endowment to pay off the mortgage in 2011 is running in the green so my shortfall pot can be used for more interesting things :)

Stevepud

Always on
Yup, my good news was as Tenchy mentioned a nice job after being off contract for 16 months.
Its a good one too - Junior Project Manager for University College London, for a huge mail migration. At least 12 months work, probably 18.

Glad you finally got some tubes Steve - specially after you binned some perfectly good tunes a while back! ;)

Nice one on going back to Uni Kenny - I'm sure you would have regretted it if you hadnt.

Paul, were these the sausages you had so much trouble getting before?

Steve B - thats excellent news too... specially when so many are apparently failing to pay enough...

Sounds like a good day for many yesterday - lets hope it continues :)

B

Bandit

Good news..well not news just something good, I'v decided to learn to fly Gliders and intend to take my Glider PPL starting this year...:roll:

PS Nice one Kenny :a-:

Clarapug

Always on
I was feeling a bit down and grumpy today, and I know this may sound daft, but this thread has cheered me up - nice to hear some good news. Congrats :)

Carmen

Forum Geek :)
Honorary Life Member
Good news..well not news just something good, I'v decided to learn to fly Gliders and intend to take my Glider PPL starting this year...:roll:

PS Nice one Kenny :a-:
excellent one I did a solo in a glider as a cadet, i'll never forget it.

My good news.... hmmmmmm bought myself a Fat Gecko suction camera mount so I can mount my Flipmino on my scooter when I go on rideouts. Tested it last night and it worked very well.

Dave6223

Banned
Applied for a job today. £0 minutes after it appearing, it was taken. Interestingly, the phone was solidly engaged for the 30minutes i tried ringing it.

Going to the stop smoking clinic tonight..................................................

er............................................................ sorry, none of it is particularly good. :(

Dave

paulmag

Always on
Honorary Life Member
Applied for a job today. £0 minutes after it appearing, it was taken. Interestingly, the phone was solidly engaged for the 30minutes i tried ringing it.

Going to the stop smoking clinic tonight..................................................

er............................................................ sorry, none of it is particularly good. :(

Dave
AS this is only a good news thread your good news is that you are trying to quit smoking :)

mickledore

Banned
My good news is that for two whole days now we've not had any bad news. And the wife won a prize when filling up with petrol - 25 extra Nectar points. Things are looking up.

carlb40

Always on
Ok got some good news sort of
checked out my flickr not so long ago and have had 2 of my images favourited :)
1 by JLK from this very forum ( my ironbridge shot ) thanks jessica :)
2nd by Andrew moss (my mono Llyn Idwal) and all of his other favourites IMO are a thousand times better than mine
tbh its like being put in the same league as Chaz, Tenchy , Rob123, Minorproblem etc :holy-moly:

Jason

Always on
Premium Member
My Mrs has been nagging me about a new carpet in one of our spare bedrooms. Did the deed today. Bought the carpet, cleaned up the room, cut the carpet to size and fitted it. Fits perfect. Quite pleased with myself as I've never fitted a carpet before. The good news is that I may avoid being nagged about something (for a while..)

tenchy

Rain maker
Administrator
Ok got some good news sort of
checked out my flickr not so long ago and have had 2 of my images favourited :)
1 by JLK from this very forum ( my ironbridge shot ) thanks jessica :)
2nd by Andrew moss (my mono Llyn Idwal) and all of his other favourites IMO are a thousand times better than mine
tbh its like being put in the same league as Chaz, Tenchy , Rob123, Minorproblem etc :holy-moly:
:clapping: :)

BTW, don't think anyone has done that to any of mine, LOL