• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

today's good news! post yours

Kevin Fox

Always on
You broken the bathroom mirror again?
Now this is bizarre. I usually will plan out my next series. I thought about this last night. I want to take a broken mirror in the woods or wherever and get some cool reflection. One reason I wanted a better ultra wide.

jamos71

Here a lot
Arrived home to an irate Mrs and three huge boxes with Elinchrom on them blocking the hall ... they weren't meant to arrive till next week at the earliest :) superb from Calumet once again

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Good one Adam. Does that mean you get to climb a hundred and some odd feet to get to the generators?

adamyoung90

Always on
Premium Member
Good one Adam. Does that mean you get to climb a hundred and some odd feet to get to the generators?
Pretty much.

I also have a background for erecting and installing a wind turbine (using crane work and heavy lifting).

So I'm hoping they'll go hand in hand for installation and maintenance :D

SeanNeedham

Ol' Sparky
Honorary Life Member
First storm of the season broke directly south at about 02:00 local time; but didn't have time to go out and get a good line on it (it was over in about ten minutes anyway).
Did manage to set the test rig up on my balcony to see if my new proto-monster would actually catch off it and it fired off every flash that the storm put out even though only one was in direct line of sight with 0% mis-fire or instability. From lab I know it's got a < 80 usec response (that's down to about 30 when using a P-n array instead of the LDRs but trading off sensitivity and stability to external lighting factors). Only took me five years to get to this point, and really didn't start coming together until just in front of Christmas where I binned the previous prototypes and design sketches and started again with a fresh sheet of paper!

Now I just want to point it at something properly!

SAVA9E

Always on
Premium Member
Got made an assistant manager today with a 5 grand rise, i will be made a manager in 14 months when my manager retires, then i will get a company car and another 7 grand rise. To say today has been great really is an understatment.

Snips

Always on
I felt quite chuffed to have earned £90 on the weekend :)

Well done, Paul - good for you and hope it continues to go well for you.

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Wow, congratulations to both Paul and Edward. It's great to know you're appreciated and valued.

SeanNeedham

Ol' Sparky
Honorary Life Member
Got discharged from the ortho-trauma department at the hospital, still dealing with the fall out from twenty odd years of pain medication, but at least the leg is certified operational now.

Tenorplayer

Always on
Premium Member
My good news is actually for tomorrow, but I definitely won't be on the forum then so I'll say it now. Tomorrow is our 40th wedding anniversary. We've actually been together 52 years but married for 40 and still very much in love, sickening ain't it?
Itd 3d Ani W60 Smiles 018

Last edited:

Dean M

Always on
seveal little things really.. new camera arrived yesterday. because they messed up delivery £30 credit so new camera bag coming tomorrow, new Cpl filter arrived today, lens hood and batteries on way as well.. oh and I'm off on holiday sunday.. down to west country ( just outside Looe in Cornwall ) so lots of opportunities to test the new camera... oh and I just had a chicken Doner Kebab which was great!

hooferinsane

EXIF Seeker
Super Moderator
seveal little things really.. new camera arrived yesterday. because they messed up delivery £30 credit so new camera bag coming tomorrow, new Cpl filter arrived today, lens hood and batteries on way as well.. oh and I'm off on holiday sunday.. down to west country ( just outside Looe in Cornwall ) so lots of opportunities to test the new camera... oh and I just had a chicken Doner Kebab which was great!
Well done on that kebab :)

Snips

Always on
My good news is actually for tomorrow, but I definitely won't be on the forum then so I'll say it now. Tomorrow is our 40th wedding anniversary. We've actually been together 52 years but married for 40 and still very much in love, sickening ain't it?
Itd 3d Ani W60 Smiles 018
Oh well done you two!! That's a really great achievement and many congratulations!! (Makes our recent 25th pale into insignificance lol :))

Years ago working in a china and glass shop I remember selling many ruby wedding anniversary presents. (Quite a task knowing what might sell though when the reps came in.) And it was still a fairly frequent occurrence in those days - unfortunately not so much now though. Really chuffed for you both!

And 52 together? Reminds me of a challenge :D

Many congrats!

Tenorplayer

Always on
Premium Member
Oh well done you two!! That's a really great achievement and many congratulations!! (Makes our recent 25th pale into insignificance lol :))

Years ago working in a china and glass shop I remember selling many ruby wedding anniversary presents. (Quite a task knowing what might sell though when the reps came in.) And it was still a fairly frequent occurrence in those days - unfortunately not so much now though. Really chuffed for you both!

And 52 together? Reminds me of a challenge :D

Many congrats!
Thanks very much Ed, line words. Give and take in all things , patience and forgiveness have been the secrets for us . :)