1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules
  1. swiftflo

swiftflo Old Hand Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I have heard talk from various sources about Topaz software for processing your photo's. Just looked it up on the net but there seems to be many differant variations.

Which is the best variation to get to replace Photo shop.

2. steve b

steve b Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I always though Topaz were additions to Photoshop, I have the Smooth and the Black and White Effects I bought some time ago, they're add-ons to the filter menu. I suppose they will work as stand-alone software, as Nik stuff does.

3. MikeB

MikeB Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Topaz Studio is their standalone mothership but all of the packages (plug-ins) that can make it a fairly robust editing platform are separate. I suppose if your editing needs are quite limited and you know exactly what packages you need you can have an editing application tailored to those needs. The advantage of Photoshop is that it is a complete editing platform. You can do anything with it, the plug-ins simply provide a faster, simpler approach to get some result. I use Topaz's Clarity on occasion though a combination of Photoshop's Unsharp Mask plus other settings do the same thing.

4. swiftflo

swiftflo Old Hand Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thanks for the replies. I had obviously got the wrong impression about Topaz.

5. tenchy

tenchy Rain maker Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Scroll down below the quick reply box at bottom of this thread and look at the previous few topaz threads, may help