1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Tripod mounting on wheelchair suggestions?

Discussion in 'Photography & Camera Basics Forum' started by Ephraimh, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Ephraimh

Ephraimh New Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I have a cheap camera, Canon PowerShot A550, a dead Gorillapod, a power chair with padded arm rests, and no strength in my fingers. I use it so seldom that it's not worth upgrading the camera; the gorillapod, maybe.

The Gorillapod is old and worn out. The legs snap off; I put them back in; they fall off, rinse, lather, repeat. Said MaGilla has a level on it which I desperately need and the only GPs at Fred Meyer had no levels. I'm looking elsewhere, but , in the meantime, would love some ideas. Maybe there's another inexpensive tripod or set up that might work.?

Mounting the camera, when I'm not moving, on the arm of my chair in such a way that it stays level has proven to be an insurmountable task. Once I get it mounted and after riding in the chair for a little bit it comes loose a little and I have to reseat it.

Any ideas? Thanks muchly.

2. SeanNeedham

SeanNeedham Ol' Sparky Honorary Life Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    A long time back, I used to work in a neuro-rehab unit and one of the lads was in to photography and had the same problem; in the end we built something (as back then there wasn't such like as the internet) which had a clamp on it that fastened on the chassis uprights and attached to an adjustable arm with a ball head on the top.

Now-a-days, similar can be had off Amazon for about £15.... https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neewer®-Ad..._rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=KX6M9KEE8ZAMRDFAGRTF

DonS likes this.
  3. Snips

Snips Always on

Edit my images ?:
    No
    I am thinking monopod with clamps - possibly similar to Sean's suggestion

4. MikeB

MikeB Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Sean's suggestion looks perfect. Try that, it seems far better than the gorillapon on the armrest.