• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Tryfan

Jason

Always on
Premium Member
Had a nice, if tiring, walk up a different mountain yesterday. Knees and calf muscles are grumbling about it today. The Met Office got things right for once as the heavens opened just as I got back on flattish ground. Lucky me, got down just in time - I’m glad I paid attention to the forecast. It was tipping it down as I walked back towards the car but a look at the clouds made me think they might clear through fairly soon so I parked myself on a rock and sat it out.

The mountain in this pic is Tryfan, the ominous looking peak overlooking Llyn Ogwen. Not the mountain I walked up btw, that’ll be for another day.

Tryfan
by Jason, on Flickr

Jason

Always on
Premium Member
Was up there (1st time also) last month and will definitely go back.... you have captured it well Jason
You went up Tryfan? I look at it every time I go to The Ogwen Valley and think ‘nah, another day. :oops:‘. Without the camera gear maybe, but not with.
I went up Y Garn, (as a change from Snowdon.) It’s well worth it. The views from the top are stunning.

tenchy

Rain maker
Administrator
Did you come down the Devils staircase then m looks like it from the view.
Tryfan is a cracking mountain to do. The normal ascent from the car parks at the bottom, left in this pic, give you the option of taking the easiest route all the way (which will include some scrambling, or you can opt for harder variations which are essential very small pitches of about V Diff climbs. Or or can go onto heather terrace and climb up (again about VDiff we did it in walking gear no ropes) and if lucky like we were (I looked up at the terrace and said this looks like it will go) you might pop out literally between Adam and Eve.
Descending to bristly ridge and up that being an excellent second course.

rebel06

Looking for a cause.
You went up Tryfan? I look at it every time I go to The Ogwen Valley and think ‘nah, another day. :oops:‘. Without the camera gear maybe, but not with.
I went up Y Garn, (as a change from Snowdon.) It’s well worth it. The views from the top are stunning.
Only up to the Devils Staircase Jason.

Jason

Always on
Premium Member
Did you come down the Devils staircase then m looks like it from the view.
Tryfan is a cracking mountain to do. The normal ascent from the car parks at the bottom, left in this pic, give you the option of taking the easiest route all the way (which will include some scrambling, or you can opt for harder variations which are essential very small pitches of about V Diff climbs. Or or can go onto heather terrace and climb up (again about VDiff we did it in walking gear no ropes) and if lucky like we were (I looked up at the terrace and said this looks like it will go) you might pop out literally between Adam and Eve.
Descending to bristly ridge and up that being an excellent second course.
This pic is from the bit overlooking the valley off the left hand side of the path from the visitor centre. It’s actually a 3-shot pano.

The walk I did was,

Head to Llyn Idwal and follow path around lake to the right, over the bridge. When you near the ‘beach’ there’s a higher path. Follow through another gate and then keep going up steps, then flat bit, then up ridge, then annoying rocky, loose shale calf killer bit. Done. I’m going to walk further along ridge next time as there’s a cute little lake between the peaks. Might make a nice photo.